Good or bad ?

Options
psb04
psb04 Posts: 9 Member
Nature valley bars (oats and honey)- what's everyones thought on these. Seen a few people say protein bars keep them fuller for longer! What about these bars. I really like them only because there a good snack and the taste like flapjacks

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    if they fit in your calories, taste good, and keep you satiated, go for it! :)
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    if they fit in your calories, taste good, and keep you satiated, go for it! :)

I second this. If they fit into your needs and are something you enjoy, go for it!

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    We all have our snacks. I'm currently trying to limit snacks to no more than 12 grams of added sugar. This one fits.
    http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=1C69D5AE-E106-11DF-A102-FEFD45A4D471
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Too hard for me. I like chewier bars. But I do buy bags of Nature Valley that I add to Greek yogurt for breakfast.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love the biscuit things from Nature Valley, I have one just about every day for breakfast! There's no such thing as a good or bad snack if you're fitting it into your daily calories :smile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    They're my son's favorite. Nothing wrong with them.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Too messy for me! But to each their own.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don't think of foods as "good" or "bad". That's unhelpful. Instead these are the kinds of questions to ask:
    - Does this food fit into my overall nutrional/diet plan?
    - Do I have room for it in my calories?
    - Do I want to eat it?
    - Does it offer other advantages or disadvantages? (Messy, expensive, convenient, etc.)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I like them. Very tasty.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Neither - it is just food. Does it fit your calories? Does it fit your other goals? Do you like them? Do you want to eat it? If yes, then eat it. If no, then find something else.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    They are not a treat I 'make' fit everyday, but I buy them each week. I like the dark chocolate one! For me, it's a great substitution for a chocolate bar.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    As long as they fit into your nutrition/calorie plan. Eat away!