Anyone try a Detox & Cleanse before?

Options
I had more than one person suggest trying this to help with the bloat in the belly & to cleanse the body to help put weight loss back on track.
I was wondering if anyone here has tried one? What you used? And how you felt about it?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Replies

• mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    bump,i'd like to hear too.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of 10 of the Advocare Herbal Cleanse. You don't have to stop eating (you just have to stay away from fat and sugar and eat a bunch of fruit and veggies). So far I feel great!

And no, I don't sell the stuff!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have done a 30 day cleanse which is very gentle - I also have used a cleansing tea you drink at night that helps you relax and sleep well - check out drnatura.com - the tea is I purchased is called Kleritea. I highly recommend it.
  • Chel702
    Chel702 Posts: 23
    Options
    I tried the Master Cleanse aka Lemonade Diet and while I was doing it I felt really weak, but the results were great, just felt fresher and healthy.
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have used my alkaline water ionizer to detox and it has worked great! more energy, less boated, and it is the best way for preventing disease from your body being overly acidic. My machine is the kyk generation 2 and i love it but i also heard the tyent machine is great too if you have the money.

hope this helps
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've done Dr. Natura's Colon Cleanse and it helped a little, but I didn't lose any significant weight from it. You have to time it right if you're going to do it. I found that the cramping from the cleanse and my period cramps were too much. After the 2 weeks (it's super gentle and doesn't change your eating habits), I was in the habit of drinking a glass of water as soon as I woke up (that stuck - and I still love it). And I was more regular, but other than that, I didn't notice many other changes.

Was it worth the money? sure, it wasn't a negative experience. However, I tried to do a 2nd round a few months later it proved to be too much for me (BAD abdominal cramping) so I ended the cycle early.

I think I would have gotten the same results if I increased my water intake, drank 1 glass of apricot nectar/day, and added in about 3 cups of green tea.

I've done juice fasts as well, and never lost a significant amount of weight from them.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    try finding a local juicery, they often sell fresh juice cleanses and can customize them to your body. I actually suffer from frequent bloating, and am working on food combos to prevent that. it's takes work, that's for sure!
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You could also try an elimination diet. Sometimes you are allergic to certain foods and don't know it. That is what I did and found that gluten really makes me bloated. I have felt so much better staying away from it as much as possible. Cleanses and elimination diets are good to clean out all the bacteria and "creatures" who live in your intestines. You need to follow them strictly in order to kill everything that is feeding off of all the junk in your system. You need to dedicate yourself to at least a month. Hope this helps.