I'm hungry and can't stop eating.

Options
I ate 1500 calories over my limit today. I usually don't eat all threw out the day till I was on this site. I would eat one meal at night but now that I have been eating all threw out the day I can't stop eating. Why am I hungry I never ate this much in my life I just want to keep eating. Let me know what is up.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    What kind of stuff have you been eating? If you feel more comfortable eating all your calories in 1 meal, then maybe you should keep doing it that way....
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Without viewing your diary, hard to know what it was you were targeting to consume. Sounds like you are already feeling deprived and when we feel that way, we sometimes panic and over do. You may need to target small changes, particularly if you were only eating one big meal, like maybe adding some protein at breakfast for a week. Then you can make another change, adjust and repeat. I'll be happy to help in any way possible!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have days where I just eat and eat. It ususally is not even that I am hungry. I just finish one snack then immediatly start looking for the next one. It never lasts more than a day though
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i'm not too experienced/knowledgable. Hopefully others will chime in. I do think eating breakfast will sometimes tend to make you a little hungrier, kind of wakes up your metabolism. And for that reason, breakfast is important. Lean protein and good veggies will satisfy without packing on the calories. Maybe you can eat a good breakfast, a light lunch and not necessarily do the "pick me up" snacking that some are able to do? Also, if you are exercising, of course that could wake up your appetite. As you know, a couple of hints are to concentrate on what you eat (i.e., don't watch tv while eating), chew thoroughly, don't rush. Good luck!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What kind of stuff have you been eating?

I had the same question -- what kinds of food are you eating?

I have found that if I eat alot of processed sugar / white flour, my appetite keeps going all day. If I eat more protein-based meals, then I am satisfied longer. I am often over on total fats, but I am rarely over on saturated fats. The fat keeps me satisfied longer.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, we can make some suggestions. Doing that is probably one of the best decisions I've made here at MFP. People genuinely care and won't judge you for what you're eating. We've all been there!!!!
  • angelacelia
    angelacelia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you're going to eat throughout the day (which is actually the preferred and healthiest method), then you should consider filling your pantry and refrigerator with the following types of foods: Kellogg's All-Bran cereal (will seriously fill you up for hours); carrots (will also make you feel full); almonds (good source of protein, but eat in moderation); greek yogurt (I recommend the Chobani brand- really thick and creamy; will fill you up); gum (to chew on whenever you get cravings); water/flavored water (will fill you up; also, in a lot of cases, your body may simply be dehydrated, causing your excessive cravings); protein shakes (in moderation; should drink first thing in the morning or after a workout); watermelon (really filling, low calories); and fruit (think blueberries, raspberries, etc).

Eating all of your calories for the day in one meal is not recommended, nor is it healthy. Continue eating throughout the day. Just ensure you are eating healthy, filling foods like the ones I mentioned above.

Good luck!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Try something for a couple of days. Eat all protein enriched foods like, lean beef, chicken no skin, turkey no skin, seafood, no pork, greek yogurt, eggs, low fat cheese. Eat as much as you want of these. Protein is a natural appetite suppressant, then slowly add veggies then fruits. Limit your carb intake and make sure carbs you eat are complex, not simple.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Try something for a couple of days. Eat all protein enriched foods like, lean beef, chicken no skin, turkey no skin, seafood, no pork, greek yogurt, eggs, low fat cheese. Eat as much as you want of these. Protein is a natural appetite suppressant, then slowly add veggies then fruits. Limit your carb intake and make sure carbs you eat are complex, not simple.

Lean pork is excellent. Why'd you say no pork?
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

It is harder to find lean pork, most of it is fatty, it is just better to stay away from. You really can't see the marble of fat because it is white meat.
  • protected_son
    Options
    Wow wasn't expecting this many comment. I don't eat meat and how do I open up my food diary?

Thank you all for trying to help
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

It is harder to find lean pork, most of it is fatty, it is just better to stay away from. You really can't see the marble of fat because it is white meat.

Nah, it's better just to eat it.