What's your favoirte healthy Chicken Breast recipe?

Options
What is your favorite healthy chicken recipe... ? I like to bake mine in the oven with spices, add a littel water to it, for gravy and pour it over brown rice. Healthy and good!

Replies

• sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sautee it in a little bit of olive oil, then add rosemary, garlic and a squeeze of lemon with a pinch of zest ... OR
    again sautee in evoo, add thyme, garlic, splash of white wine.

serve with brown rice and veggies. yum!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I brine it then season with pepper, thyme, garlic and lemon juice. Maybe a dab of olive oil. Usually bake it, but it's even better grilled. Simple but I love it. Usually have it w/ brown rice or sweet potato and veggies or salad. It's a very standard meal of mine.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sauteed in a pan or baked with spices and a little ranch dressing powder...mmmmm. Served with a veggie or two.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sautee'd in a skillet with mushrooms and peppers. A little goat cheese or feta mixed in just as it comes off the heat and then laid over cous cous, quinoa, brown rice, salad, whatever. Om nom nom.
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I usually boil mine a bit first, for moisture. Then bake it with a "simon and garfunkel" mix, i.e., parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. I also sometimes use salsa and a bit of shredded cheese for a bolder spicy flavor. Serve it with salad greens, green beans, cabbage. Great topic BTW!
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sautéed chicken with garlic onions Italian seasoning crushed red pepper and diced onions. When it's almost done add a partially drained can of no salt added stewed tomatoes and simmer until the sauce reduces some. I occasionally add mushrooms and/or olives. I serve it over rice noodles (I'm a glutard) and top with a sprinkle of part skim mozzarella.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    My favorite is lemon chicken. I put the chicken in the crockpot, slice lemons up and put on top......8 hrs later yummy goodnes with only 2 ingredients :) it is so flavorful that I mix it with spinach as a salad and need no other added "dressing"
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I marinate in a mixture of oil, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and salt & pepper. Then I grill it! It helps to slice in half before marinating, they grill quicker and more evenly.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    good one the other day I had was to marinate with lemon, honey, garlic & pepper for an hour or 2. Then cook in skillet and pour excess on top.

Otherwise, I normally just cook in skillet and add some spices like moroccan seasoning/lemon pepper afterwards. And I with coconut oil so that adds a bit of flavour also.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is a recipe on allrecipes.com called Normal Chicken.

Sprikle boneless chicken breasts with paprika, place in a in a covered dish with 3 tbs of Low Sodium Soy and 2 tbs of low sodium worcestershire sauce. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. (if you want a little sweet and spicy, sprinkle lightly with splenda brown sugar)
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    bump
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    Mine is a little plain. We have cast-iron frying pans, so you can actually fry the chicken without adding any oils (except for water). It tastes sooooooooooooo gooood. I might add a dash of seasoning salt.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I stuff it with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, along with some onions and then roll in Italian Bread crumbs - bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. Yum!!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I grill it, tear it because I like the rough edges, and top it with 16 grams of A1. Because 1 serving of A1 is 17 grams and I lick the top of the bottle before I put the cap back on.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    In a crockpot - sprinkle some cracked pepper/dried onion/whatever else suits you - add FROZEN chicken breasts - add some low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (about a cup) - sprinkle more seasonings on top along with some onions (garlic would be good too, but I didn't have any) - cook on low for about 6 hours (check the temp of the chicken to make sure it's at least 165*)

It was really good and tender - even reheated well.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    did this the other day...

Put two breasts in some water in a frying pan, cook for like an hour or so on low heat. Drain the water and shred the chicken. give them a bath in bbq sauce and cook again for another hour on low heat. its like a pulled chicken delight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Adobo style! Soy sauce, minced garlic, and vinegar. Mixed and cook for about 15 minutes! Eat with brown rice, yum.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    when im to tired to actually cook i through it in a pan with a little salt and pepper and let it cook until its done (about 6 min for 4-5 oz thin breast) then through it on a sandwich thin with some sweet and spicy bbq sauce and have salad or sweet potatoe on the side...... its so simple but is one of my faverites
  • TheOddOne
    TheOddOne Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for Puerto rican style chicken and tweaked it a bit. I used the crockpot and threw in chunks of boneless skinless chicken breast.... tomato sauce... and drained, diced tomatoes. Added in garlic salt to taste (although in hindsight, there was no reason to really add any spices) .... I used uncle Ben's 90 second rice packs... the Spanish style and one while wheat (the Spanish style rice has TONS of flavor and is a Tad spicy. I mixed it with the whole wheat to tone it down for my 4yr old). Mixed the rice together and then put the chicken mixture on top. Delicious and 280 calories. I know the calories could be reduced still ( probably by making my own rice but i hadnt gone grocery shopping andhad to make do with what I had) but for my first try with it, we liked it. :) think next time ill add okra and corn! :)