Pregnant

Options
Hi! I'm 32 and pregnant with my third child. My first two pregnancies I gained 50 pounds each time. It was awful, I was huge and miserable. This pregnancy I'm determined to stay within the recommended 30 pound weight gain. So far, I'm doing great, I'm 24 weeks and have gained 11 pounds! I'm also avoiding processed sugar for mine and my little girl's health. I would love some pregnant friends, or women friends who've been there! Thanks!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Currently on 3rd baby too! I'm 25 and I tend to gain about 15 lbs but 6-7 of that so far has been baby.
    I'm only in very early pregnancy ATM (11 weeks)
    But I'm just eating at 1800cals so far and I don't think I'll increase in my last trimester because I struggle to eat that most days lol!

I'm trying to avoid sugar too but I'm finding it pretty hard!
  • tiffspacecadet
    tiffspacecadet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33. First pregnancy. So far, I've been so sick. Not even counting calories. I'm 15 weeks & 3 days today. I do want to get some accountability! I've only gained 2lbs so far, but I just lost 30 earlier in the year, I was so sad when my doctor said I should probably gain 30 for the pregnancy. I'm still a little overweight, hoping to eat right and gain maybe 20? Whatever is best.
  • DJAB2011
    DJAB2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 34 and on my 3rd pregnancy. It is nice to meet you, and I would love to be your support system! I want to track, ear right for my baby, and gain minimally this pregnancy. Do you have any tips for using the app for pregnancy? It is nice to meet you!
  • jawillia
    jawillia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 35, first pregnancy. I'm very early still (8 weeks) but I just lost 35 lbs and I'm so worried about how much I'll gain. I've been very fortunate so far that I have only had one bought of sickness, but that also means I've had no issues eating. I am trying hard not to gain too much. The pamphlet I got from my Dr says that with my BMI it is safe for me to only gain 15 lbs. Not sure how reasonable that it. I'd love some support and tips in healthy eating and good exercise options.
  • FearlessForeverLifestyle
    Options
    I'm 24+4 weeks pregnant! Starting back at logging now my appetite is back and sickness is gone! Add me
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I don't really know about tips but in terms of fat I only want to gain about 5lbs, and I'm hoping the rest will be baby, remember the baby has weight, the amniotic fluid and placenta soooo hopefully all that will make up the other 10 (based on 15lb gain)

I'm keeping to just under maintanence (1800 cals) because I struggle to eat 2000 anyway. And I'm only going to increase by 100-150 in last trimester.
    I haven't exercised for a while as I was worried about baby being delicate before 12 weeks but I'm feeling a bit more confident now. So just going to do the exercises I normally do, which is dance Cardio, but I'm going to modify so instead of all the jumping about just keep my feet on the floor and do step touches instead.

If there's one exercise you ALL must do is PELVIC FLOOR! I'm only 25 and fear after this pregnancy I'll never hold a wee in again!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    P.s. Obviously just check with your midwife when you feel you have a plan set in place just to make sure t won't affect your pregnancy as I don't know what your medical histories are. But based on mine that's what I will be doing ^^^
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just curious on the calorie amount. Did your doctors give you a calorie amount to shoot for? I plan to try for a 2nd child soon and was wondering about calories since I plan to still log during pregnancy.