A question about P90

Options
I've been dragging my feet about starting P90, and I was just hoping I could hear about how it went for people who are trying it/finished the 90 day workout.

I keep hearing that the diet part of P90 is really important but there is little chance that I will be able to keep to the dietary guidelines. For the most part I eat smaller potions of whatever my family has made, so there isn't a lot I can do about what I eat other than the quantity.

Anyone want to give me their impression of P90? Did you like it? Did it work for you? When did you start seeing results?

And if anyone wants to start the program with me sometime soon it might help me if I had someone going along with me.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I've been dragging my feet about starting P90, and I was just hoping I could hear about how it went for people who are trying it/finished the 90 day workout.

I keep hearing that the diet part of P90 is really important but there is little chance that I will be able to keep to the dietary guidelines. For the most part I eat smaller potions of whatever my family has made, so there isn't a lot I can do about what I eat other than the quantity.

Anyone want to give me their impression of P90? Did you like it? Did it work for you? When did you start seeing results?

And if anyone wants to start the program with me sometime soon it might help me if I had someone going along with me.

I did a full round of P90X Classic and lost some weight, but lost more in inches. It helped firm and strengthen a lot. It took me 3 weeks until I could complete a full workout and it took about 5 weeks before seeing results. If you can stick it out, it's a fantastic workout! I never did the diet plan or Shakeology and it still worked great. I had just started a second round when I was forced to quit due to injuring a bad knee and hip. I would not recommend this workout for people with knee or hip problems because all it did was aggravate mine. Too bad, I really enjoyed doing it. I still do Ab Ripper X from time to time though. Same with Kempo X. :)
  • kiwinermal
    kiwinermal Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm curious to hear the response to this too. I just ordered P90x and hope to start as soon as it arrives. Feel free to friend me and we can suffer through it together : - )
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up... Plyometrics is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about Power 90 and *not* P90X then I can attest that yes, Power 90 is a sure proof way to lose weight.

I started on January 29th and finished the 90 days on April 28 ~ I lost 16.6 lbs and six inches off my waist. I didn't have a very strict diet, I just made sure to eat six times a day and stay slightly under my allotted calories for the day while making healthy choices. I also drank a lot of water. The best thing about Power 90 is that it only took between 35-45 minutes each morning....my husband did it with me and he lost 23lbs in the same time frame.

Good luck!! ♥
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You'll love it and you'll hate it.

I dropped inches and toned.

Plyometics and Yoga X were not my friend by the end of the 90 days, but they were a vital part.

Just be prepared to be aching in all the muscles you never knew you had.
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe posting this on a friday night wasn't the best way to get answers. haha

Oh, and if anyone wants the excel P90(x,m,whatever) workout managers just send me a message with your e-mail address. They are pretty cool. Track your progress and workout schedule.
  • SuperHeroRipped
    Options
    P90 and P90x are a little different p90 you can do a low calorie diet and get great results p90x you have to eat more due to the extreme level of caloric burn. I lost 65lbs in the first 60 days of power 90. I have a good friend i just featured on my blog that lost almost 80 completing a round of power90 and p90x. he looks like Hugh Jackman now so i made a wolverine post :) just get started stick with it and don't stop. you can read it here if you like http://teamsuperhero.com/weaponx-wednesday-wolverine/
  • RaniGhandi
    RaniGhandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    P90X is hard, but so worth it! The days I'm tired, I really have to push myself to work out, but I've seen great results and it's only been 1 1/2 months for me. I try going by the plan, but there are some things that I still can't do, and so I customize it by doing what I can... while continuing to try and do what I can't. I lost a total of 10 lbs and I feel great! I think its definitely a great investment!
  • eracman
    eracman Posts: 22
    Options
    I am on week 9 of "Classic" P90.

I didn't have any previous history of serious exercising. I just decided that I wanted to be in better shape. Having a desk job for 10 years doesn't exactly inspire fitness. I don't need to lose weight (aside for a bit of a little belly), I want to tone up and put on some quality weight and muscle since I have always been on the small side.

The cardio is hard if you are not used to exercising but it got better for me after the first couple of weeks. I noticed improvements within the 1st month and even more after the 2nd month. I transitioned for level 1-2 to level 3-4 in the 5th week after I was able to complete all the reps/exercises properly. Now I am pushing myself to do extra reps or increased weight to ensure it continues to challenge me.

One thought for you:
    2. If you really want to see improvements you will need to pay attention to your food. You don't have to diet, just eat healthy and plan ahead. MFP is great for this. I will enter my food the day before or in the morning so I make sure I don't get caught at the end of the day with too many carbs/fat/etc.
    This does mean that sometimes I have to make my own meals and let the family eat their pizza, burgers, etc but if you eat smart you can make room for yummy things once in a while and not hurt your efforts.

I NEVER watched my food before I started P90 (I didn't need to b/c my weight doesn't fluctuate), but I knew if I wanted good results I had to make sure I was eating right. I am glad I did. It's much easier now that it was at the beginning and I can see the difference in how I feel and how I look.

If you need a P90 buddy or a friend on here feel free to add me.

Good Luck with your goals.