I want HONESTY not compliments... [photos]

Options
Alright everyone.. I came here because you don't know me, you have no reason to sugar-coat anything or not be 100% honest and straight with me. I've had 3 kids. My youngest just turned 1yr. I've been working out and trying to get my body back. I'm a dancer, or at least I was before kids. There is an audition coming up next week for a dance team I'd love to join but I'm not sure if I'm ready. I'm conflicted. I know I'm not HUGE but I don't feel like I'm "done" yet either, I'm not as tone as I'd like to be.. and its bothering me. I don't know if I should tryout and potentially embarass myself because I wasn't ready and just hope for the best with the "nothing to lose" attitude, or if I should keep working at it and wait until I feel that my body is perfected... but, will it be one of them things where I never feel "done?" See my dilemma? Here are some pictures I took this evening just of my body, as it is RIGHT NOW.

I want you all to be honest with me and tell me if I am at a bodyshape that could enter the audition, or if I should wait. Basically I need to know do I look good for having had kids, or do I look good. I don't want to pull a Britney Spears in 2006 if ya know what I mean.

I appreciate it and I won't be mad at anyone - I want honesty.. that's why I'm coming to strangers and not people I know, lol.

The front [Im most concerned with my stomach]:
vffujp.jpg

The back:
1zzgjyq.jpg

The back side view:
nb505e.jpg

Here's what I look like in clothes:
2e56v6g.jpg

Side:
k3vmmv.jpg

Replies

• JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Grrrr the pictures got cut off....
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    You look in-shape to me. Not sure what dancer standard is though.
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look ready to me, but then I don't know what a dancer needs. So I can only offer my opinion.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Do you think that you won't get the part for the look of your body over your dance skill?
    I think toning may be your only issue.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    You look amazing and fit and READY for that try out! GO FOR IT!!
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You look fine to me.. and does your diary really say only 500 cals a day? Or am I misreading it..
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Seriously...you are beautiful! I think the only thing you need is some self esteem cause your smokin'! If you can dance than do it!

It is better to have tried and failed than to have always wondered what if....
  • knelson827
    knelson827 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In general our pictures are fine, but your camera skills are not. You do seem to need a little toning, but your shape seems decent. Go try out.
  • jessicao1972
    Options
    I think you look amazing!!! seriously... no fluff! You look fantastic! Now, having said that... what you need for your audition is a dose of some serious confidence. If YOU don't feel like you got it going on it will show. I am telling you that you look fantastic but what really matters is YOU!!!! Write yourself notes ... post before & after pictures on your bathroom mirror... tell yourself over & over "i lost 26 pounds and I look and feel great!" Good luck
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic! I am not sure what you'd be wearing to dance in, but I definitely feel like you could pull it off.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you want honesty...

Your size and shape look spectacular, but the photos are so grainy it's hard to really nit-pick.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Are you only eating 500 calories per day? Is that standard for a dancer? My cousin is in college to be a dancer, and I am positive she eats more than that.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I agree that you look fabulous after three kids, but knowing what I know about dancers and what is normally expected at auditions, I believe toning is what you need to concentrate on. Damn, if I only look as good as you do..... :bigsmile:
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Honestly, If you want something you have to go for it. Don't wait until you feel you fill someone elses expectations. If you pass your audition you know it doesnt stop there, it is just the beginning. If you don't pass it this time, you are just working your way to your goal. Go for it - reach out and grab your confi"dance"!:wink:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Do it!! Practice will tone you if you get in... and you'll be more determined for next time if you don't
  • JaydeSkye
    Options
    I know they came out even worse when I posted them than they were on my computer. I used just a cheap digital camera and took them myself in a mirror ... not the best lighting. I'm going to put them into a private album on FB and see if maybe they look any better, I couldnt figure out how to re-size...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You look fine to me.. and does your diary really say only 500 cals a day? Or am I misreading it..

Yep... only 500 cals a day..... :indifferent:
  • JaydeSkye
    Options

Yep... only 500 cals a day..... :indifferent:

YES, I am only eatting 500/calories a day ...but it's because I'm doing a short round of HCG injections. I DO NOT only eat 500/cal normally and NO it is NOT typical of dancers to only eat 500/calories. If you are not familiar with HCG injections feel free to send me a message or add me as a friend and I will be happy to explain to you --- but I'm not in any way shape or form starving myself to hit a target weight, etc. I do not have an eatting disorder, otherwise I'd have no bodyfat by now the baby was born a year ago LOL
  • missionwtls
    Options
    I think you look fabulous, but I agree, toning would be good. Go for it! You'll tone up for sure from the dancing! :)
  • JaydeSkye
    Options
    Do you think that you won't get the part for the look of your body over your dance skill?
    I think toning may be your only issue.

Its not the dancing..I'm only doubting the overall LOOK of my body, I'm concerned with the last bit of toning that I know I need to have a more polished look - I know I'm not fat and look great for having had kids.. but when I walk in there, I won't be pushing a baby stroller and carrying my kids around.. I'll be competing with other girls who may be younger and never had kids..

I am a very confident person I am just conflicted. I remember after Britney Spears had her kids everyone was saying that she looked great for just having had 2 kids but wasn't ready to be out dancing in dance outfits just yet -- I was just curious if I fell into that same category. That's all.