C25k start aug 1st!

Options
xMissy6x
xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
Hey everyone,
well im planning to start C25k on monday (august 1st, yay a new month!). I printed out the plan, which youve probably seen before, from here:
( http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml )

Thought id see if anyone wants to join me?? for motivation and support and keep tab how were all going!
Currently just trying to think of songs to load onto my ipod so im all set to go!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN SOOOO DO THIS!!! Its a great program and anyone can do it! Good luck guys!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up Week 3, and it is going GREAT! I am sure you will find some people who will start it with you on August 1st! Have fun! And go ahead and sign up for a race, it'll keep you motivated to stick with the program!
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this program but I dont have a treadmill and getting away from my kids in order to run seems difficult. Has anyone else had this issue and still made it through? I really want to!!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    thanks Cassie, your the one who gave me the inspiration! mbcarreno08, thankyou :) Ive signed up for a 12km walk on august 31st. I clearly wont be ready by then, but ill try walk some jog some. Maybe the following year ill be able to run a lot more!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! I start week 6 on Sunday and it's been wonderful. I've taken longer than the recommended 9 weeks but as long as I get through week 9 without giving up, I consider it a success. :)

Recommendations for music would be stuff with fast beats, 125 -128 bpm or higher. Runningintoshape.com has a nice mp3 download for each week, with prompts for when you walk and when you run.

You should be able to get through 3 weeks without problem. If you get to week 4 and just CAN'T get through it, I recommend slowing your run speed down, you'll be able to get further.

Good luck!

Friend me if you want. :)
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    C25K is a great workout I started over this week so next week I'll be on week to, but wiith this ga weather I fell like I'm going to pass out
  • DawnLosing
    DawnLosing Posts: 87
    Options
    I am actually starting on Aug 1 as well, friend me, let's do this!!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey!

I started a thread last week for C25K, you are more than welcome to join. The thread has people who are on different weeks so its really diverse. I will be posting a new thread each week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/298461-week-1-c25k-running-group

M.:heart:
  • missc1990
    missc1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm keen to do it as well :)
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Hi! I started week 1 this week but will be repeating it next week so we should be friends!
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I just finished week one today. The best advice I can give you from my experience so far is to just push past any pain you feel and complete it. You'll feel pain but mentally and emotionally you'll feel great about yourself! Friend me if you want. We can go through it together =]