7 Day Water Fast

Options
Been reading up on the 7 day water fast and was wondering if anyone's ever tried it? It seems to give amazing results which sounds a little too good to be true. I've done a couple 24 hour fasts before but was always starving when the 20hour mark hits so I'm not sure if I could really commit to 7 days haha.

Anyways, just wanted to get some input and hear about y'alls experiences if possible. I've got some time off now so I thought it'd be a good time to give it a go seeing as I'll be able to sleep/rest during the keto brain fog if it happens.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you have good insurance in case you pass out and end up in the hospital? Will you be able to stay home, no driving or exercising no manual work. Will someone be with you to watch you at all times? This seems like a very bad idea with very temporary minimal results.
  • peraltapiano
    peraltapiano Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something a proana blog / Instagram would promote.

I don't think anyone should fast for more than 24 hours unless it's for religious or perhaps medical reasons.
  • valkongr
    valkongr Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have researched a lot about IF and fasting. I like programs like eating on 4 or 8 hours, but others like yours (7 days with only water) this is starvation and crash diet. Let's don't hide behind our finger with fancy names. It's very easy to cross some lines.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You need food. Your body needs fuel. Starvation doing nothing but drink water for 7 days is not a healthy sustainable plan. Instead try this:
    1. Put stats in mfp
    2. Log what you eat
    3. Eat to the goal mfp gives you
    4. Watch as the lbs slowly but surely come off and stay off
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    arielxo wrote: »
    Been reading up on the 7 day water fast and was wondering if anyone's ever tried it? It seems to give amazing results which sounds a little too good to be true. I've done a couple 24 hour fasts before but was always starving when the 20hour mark hits so I'm not sure if I could really commit to 7 days haha.

Anyways, just wanted to get some input and hear about y'alls experiences if possible. I've got some time off now so I thought it'd be a good time to give it a go seeing as I'll be able to sleep/rest during the keto brain fog if it happens.

Thanks!

:huh: :noway:
  • urfavtranny
    urfavtranny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No way I'd even try it. Why be hungry and miserable and malnourished for a week, only to erase whatever loss there was when I start eating again?

Unless you eat in a surplus you wouldn't erase any loss you made? Do you know anything about CICO or?
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I never quite understood the point of replacing one form of malnutrition (over-eating) by another (deliberately induced temporary starvation).
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Batkitten crazy.
    Don't do it.

I mean, maybe if you're an inpatient in hospital under constant medical supervision and it's been recommended by a doctor. But for a normal person with a normal life? Uh, no. Step away from the cray cray.
This discussion has been closed.