New an excited about this journey.

Options
I'm 46 years old. I have been a couch potato most of my life. I smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day and need to lose 80lbs. So as of tomorrow, I plan on changing. I bought some vape equipment and have several weight loss apps to help me make these changes. I'm praying hard I can do all of this at once. I'm am ready to be health. Any success stories, advice, or just a friend to talk to would be welcomed.

Replies

• Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck on your journey, you CAN do it!! MFP was the only app i used in my weight loss journey and by logging my food, counting calories and exercising, I was able to lose 60 pounds in a year and I've never felt or looked better! Just stick with it and really want it and you'll be successful!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Good Luck. You can do this!! Feel free to add me.
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We are about the same age so face the same challenge (apart from the smoking one). Feel free to add me.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just found this thread!

Smoked for 15 years and no one bats an eye
    Start vaping and everyone loses their minds that I'm killing myself lol :|

I stopped smoking/started vaping November 2016, so I'm relatively new to vaping.

I can walk/run further without getting winded as fast.
    My doctor is happy
    My dentist is happy
    My lungs seem happier
    My workouts are longer and more productive

I think I'm moving in a positive direction so I ignore the negative people around me and continue on my path!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You have a good plan in place. You are tackling several things at once, somake sure you log everything in the food diary and use the excercise notes and food notes, in there you can put your non smoking achievements and also the monilirybthat you build up. Invest in a step counter and gradually increase your walking. Good luck I hope it goes to plan. Please stick with it.