600 days in

Options
doodleswithpencils
doodleswithpencils Posts: 74 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
Apparently I've logged in 600 days in a row and if that doesn't call for a little woop-woop I don't know what does. In that time I've lost over 12kg (or 25lbs) and gone from a NZ size 14/16 to a 10/12. I'm not at my goal yet, but pretty happy with where I'm at. It's been a long road - 600 days?! But I have some food intolerances, I'm over 40, and short (5'2"), so I had to figure out what worked for me, and keeping my head in the game is an ongoing struggle (when you're short your margin for error is minuscule, as is your calorie target), so I tend to lose and then maintain for a while, which is fine, probably saves my skin. I focussed on losing some weight and then got into weight training. That was just my choice, so I could obsess about one thing at a time. Intermittent fasting seems to be my best route to success, but not because it's magical, and I personally can't keep it up for too long without it affecting my mood, which is one reason I spend time in between on maintenance and focus on training. NSVs - I have a better relationship with food now. I don't need to overeat and can enjoy treats, though I do have residual chubby guilt that I'm working through. I'm fitter, natch. Even though I don't do cardio, I can motor uphill without the dying. I'm happier in my own skin than I was when I was 20, skinny, and had no self-confidence. I can impress my kids with how much I can lift, and my girls want to be *strong* when they grow up B)

bmf70yhnju3d.jpg
During - I'd already lost about 10kg here, so mid 60s kg.

6xfyqggzjk07.jpg
During - about 59/60kg.

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! 600 days is awesome! I am currently at 575 so I hope to get there too one day (well in 25 days from today to be specific). PS I am in New Zealand too :)
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work :)
  • fmps5
    fmps5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am only 116 days but feel my habits have changed and starting to feel better about myself
  • lisagetslim
    lisagetslim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow 600 days i can't even mange 7 i start gd then forget , although im going to try my hardest this time im short 5ft 227 lb day 4 fingers crossed :smile:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The mental journey is the hardest part and sound like you're tackling it well.
  • doodleswithpencils
    doodleswithpencils Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @Werglum Greetings! 575 is not shabby! @fmps5 116 days is also a good streak, and the habits even more of a success :smile: @lisagetslim Just keep going! The streaks are not as important as the habit changes. All the best, you got this! @buzz3d269 and @lorrpb thank you :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!