Im losing but...

I am losing weight but not inches, can someone please tell me why? Its so discouraging. Someone please help

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    You're losing inches from places you're not measuring. It is frustrating as hell. I lost a lot of weight but almost no inches. Just keep going, it will happen eventually. Lifting heavy things in the gym can help.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Patience! How long have you been at it?
  • slimmingsarah_85
    slimmingsarah_85 Posts: 13 Member
    Ready2Rock has it right, we lose inches from everywhere, and not evenly! I only measure my neck, bust, waist, hips and thighs; I've lost inches from my bust waist and hips and NOTHING from my neck or thighs!

Our bodies are weird.
  • nancyk18
    nancyk18 Posts: 27 Member
    How do I delete a weight entry which is wrong
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    nancyk18 wrote: »
    How do I delete a weight entry which is wrong

Swipe left, or if it's the same day, enter a new weight as I believe the program only saves one weight a day.
  • AngFries
    AngFries Posts: 5 Member
    I have been at it awhile. I have lost 41 lbs so far. At first i was losing inches around my waist but lately nothing. It gets discouraging
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    AngFries wrote: »
    I have been at it awhile. I have lost 41 lbs so far. At first i was losing inches around my waist but lately nothing. It gets discouraging

As others have said, you are losing inches elsewhere.

Here is my theory. It is mine alone.

Fat is an *kitten*. It want to stay and knows you want it to go. It also knows where you want it to go from, so it does it's very best to stay there until the very last just to piss you off. I've lost inches (okay, fractions of an inch) on my *kitten* wrist. You would need to measure multiple places to see where it is actually coming off. I'm down 100 lbs and still have a huge gut, not as big as before, but huge.

Or the answer is you can't spot reduce. I like my answer better.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    I think the first place I lose fat from is my wrists and my knees! Two places I don't measure. You could also be losing fat from around your internal organs - which is super good for your body and won't show up on the tape measure
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    My face and feet tend to be the first places I lose... Takes a bit longer to notice other areas. Keep at it.
  • HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    Because you can lose weight from almost anywhere like literally your neck, leg ,back and butt . Results take time to notice so just be patient
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2017
    Patience! Keep losing weight and you will discover places you've lost. I discovered I needed a new belt. I discovered my bicycle helmet was too loose. I discovered I couldn't keep water from draining through my fingers. Some people discover their shoes are too big, but that hasn't affected me yet.

At long last my belly fat, my sad saggy belly fat, seems to be going away as lately I've been able to cinch my belt tighter. Something is happening there.
  • AngFries
    AngFries Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you everyone for the advice. Its just discouraging i guess
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've lost 26 pounds, and only an inch from my waist. However, my belly hangs down a lot, and that has shrunk considerably. So my belly isn't skinnier, it is shorter lol. Hang in there!

(Edited: grammar)