Help

Options
I've hit a slump. I took time off for surgery and now I've started my masters program and I'm struggling to get back to my active ways. Looking for motivation and support and friends.
Pamela

Replies

• JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Best advice is to start slowly. I am not sure if you did any PT after surgery and if you are fully able to be as active as you want but begin by walking a few times a week. Once you start to get into a routine you can go back to the gym 1-2 times a week. Everyone is different but for me the times when I slowly got back into it were the times I was successful, anytime I jumped back in doing 6/7 days I either got too sore and gave up or injured myself. You'll get back, take it at your own pace. Goodluck!
  • badgerpam22
    badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    JJS1979 wrote: »
    Best advice is to start slowly. I am not sure if you did any PT after surgery and if you are fully able to be as active as you want but begin by walking a few times a week. Once you start to get into a routine you can go back to the gym 1-2 times a week. Everyone is different but for me the times when I slowly got back into it were the times I was successful, anytime I jumped back in doing 6/7 days I either got too sore and gave up or injured myself. You'll get back, take it at your own pace. Goodluck!

Thank you..let's see what happens...I just wish u was back already. To where I was