Lunches at work

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers. But lately I've been eating a lot of tomatoes and cottage cheese because the garden is doing well this year and I only have so much time for canning.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers. Once or twice a month I'll make a big pot of soup and enjoy that for lunch for the week. I also stock sandwich ingredients at work in the fridge so I can slap together a quick sandwich as well. I keep snacks at my desk too, like Fiber 1 bars or nuts.
  • whitefoxu
    whitefoxu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble with lunch too. I figured out what to take for breakfast/morning break though. Small tin (smoked) tuna and small yoghurt. Seems to keep me going for 4hrs without getting grumpy from hunger.

I might try that guys suggestion of seasoned chicken, onion and pineapple on brown rice for lunches.. it actually sounded really tasty.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In the winter I'll bring a portion of whatever I made in the crockpot at the weekend, which could be chilli, curry, or pulled pork. And in the summer I just make a sandwich or a wrap, or if I'm feeling a bit more organised I'll make up a salad the night before.

I also throw in a couple of pieces of fruit, a low-fat yoghurt, and a cereal bar.

It usually comes to anywhere between 600-700 calories.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I make extra for dinner so I can freeze for lunches
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner usually, but sometimes salads or a sandwich and veggies
  • julieannridder891
    julieannridder891 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    This week? This.
    q3y25b20lonl.jpg

• julieannridder891
    Options
    This isn't my post sorry don't know why it popped up nice food prep!
  • julieannridder891
    Options
    Left dafy56sinc4s.jpg
    over beef, veggies, avocado for healthy fat!
    Cottage cheese and half a peach
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sometimes leftovers from the night before...my wife and I also usually grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday to have for some lunches during the week and then I just have to add my veg and a starch or grain...sometimes a sandwich...sometimes, but rarely a salad.
  • TartsAndTattoos
    TartsAndTattoos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I meal prep for the week. You will not regret putting in a few hours of planning/ cooking. And the amount of time you will save yourself is beautiful.
  • TartsAndTattoos
    Options
    This week? This.
    q3y25b20lonl.jpg

This *points up* is how it's done. Meal prepping has changed the game for me and my family. No more making bad choices or grabbing something that isn't going to benefit me. And I always look foward to my lunches now. And at home the words "What's for dinner?" have disappeared. Best 4 hours every Sunday afternoon of my life.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    This week? This.
    q3y25b20lonl.jpg

LOL - I didn't realize what the picture was at first. I thought that was one meal.
  • TartsAndTattoos
    Options
    I often wind up eating on the go at work, usually standing as unable to leave my actual place of work. (Note: no remarks about how this is "illegal" please, it's a complex environment and me taking a sit down break would mean 6 other people would have to work late...)

My default lunch comes in about 500 cal and consists of 1/4 bought quiche, small packet of crisps, yoghurt and a portion of fruit (usually 100g grapes).
    I take it in an insulated lunch bag and it lasts as long as I need it to without a fridge.
    The days I do think I'll get to sit down, I'll swap the quiche for two hard boiled eggs and 2-3 ryvitas (crispbread crackers about 40 cal each).

I get it. I work in a hospital and we do what we have to do.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    45 g trail mix
    150 g Greek Yogurt (usually plain, sometimes vanilla)
    1 fruit (whatever's in season)
    1 green smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, spinach--170 calories)

I eat the same thing for lunch every day but I haven't gotten tired of it yet. :)
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @TartsAndTattoos - me too!
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hm, some good ideas here. I usually prep my lunches ahead of time when I have my act together. I eat breakfast at work, too during the first break. I get bored if I eat the same thing. So I switch it up a lot.

-quinoa/millet/rolled oat cereal (lemon and yogurt mixed in) with berries or whatever fruit is in season on top
    -leftover spaghetti, lasagna, chili, stew, soup, chicken with rice, enchiladas, curry, etc.
    -big old batch of burritos made with chicken, sweet potato, black beans, rice, onion etc.
    -leafy salads with tons of added veggies, nuts, dried fruit, aged cheeses, etc.
    -fresh fruits (banana, apple, apricot, tangerine, pear, plums, peach, etc) and veggies (non-cruciferious, like carrots and celery... celery requires peanut butter)
    -ye hard boiled eggs (have a carton on standby)
    -hearty granola bars for busy times
    -dark chocolate for busy and stressful times
    -roasted chicken bits (with roasted veggies like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, onion, squash, and so on)
    -salami and turkey with Swiss on rye. Add tomatoes and lettuce, smear on different fancy mustards to keep it interesting
    -yogurt cups on days I am not trying
    -half and half to add to tea and coffee
    -homemade bread and butter, fruit pie, and cookies, when I am doing really awesome at life and can portion appropriately