Looking for friends who have had wls or are considering it!

Options
Hey everyone! I am having wls on the 24th and I am looking for friends who have also had wls or are considering it! I just want to have some extra encouragement and support and it's nice to have that from people who are in a similar situation! Thanks for reading! Hope to make need friends soon!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that is.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Weight loss surgery?
  • amygibson723
    amygibson723 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes weight loss surgery
  • bizygirl1
    bizygirl1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Congratulations on your next step in your journey. I had RNY 4/29/2015. I haven't made my goal weight yet but I've lost over 60 lbs since I started my WLS journey. In the last year I've had some gains. So, I'm reviewing my food journal (thanks to MFP) for the last year, my exercise habits, my sleep habits, to see what I need to change in order to get to me goal weight. I have no regrets in having my WLS and I've had no complications (thankfully). However, its still work to get the weight down and the exercise up. I wish you the greatest of success and healing. Don't push yourself too hard at first and don't create a lot of big expectations. It may be a month or more before you start to drop considerable amounts of weight. Rest and be good to yourself. Take the suggestions of your medical staff and you should be just fine. Fell free to friend me if you'd like.
  • DeddleQ
    DeddleQ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a 16 year old lapband to a gastric bypass on Sept 5, 2017 and I'm hoping this app helps me keep on track. I'm also looking for encouragement along this journey.
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me