Wii- Just Dance 2 How many calories did I burn?

Options
Hey fellow MFP people quick question for ya! I just did one hour of Just Dance 2 on the Wii. It said I earned a 1000 sweat points when I did 4 songs. I also did an additional 4 songs in that hour. I logged it as Wii Exercise beginner low intensity. It said I burned 236. Did I log that correct? Is that about how many calories I burned? Thanks :)

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Probably - might be slightly lower even. Kind of depends how hard you went but that's probably an ok estimate.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was doing Dance Central on Kinect tonight and logged mine as Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist.
    30 mins gave me 195 cals burned.
  • alliebabiee
    alliebabiee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance 2 too!
    When I first started this website, I googled it, and I found that someone said that they figured it could be considered "aerobic dancing" and it's about 1 calorie per 10 sweat points.
    It was 9. some random numbers, but they rounded it to 10 to make it easier and accurate to aerobic dancing.
  • tracivee
    tracivee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I log it in as dancing, general. I just logged in 60 minutes of it and MFP said I burned 413. MUCH more fun than burning 413 on the treadmill :) I LOVE this game!
  • badkison3
    badkison3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I wore my Polar heart rate monitor the last time I did an hour of Just Dance 2. It said I burned 315 calories. So, I would think you burned more than 236. I hope that helps.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My husband is a brainiac. When I told him about sweat points and that I had read to divide by 4.2, he said, "Sounds like they are measuring in kilojoules.". Sure enough, that is the conversion from kilojoules to calories.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Thanks!!! I checked out that website and it was very helpful! I think I actually burned more than 236 calories like I logged but I guess I am ok with leaving it that way. Might give me a bigger surprise in the end on weigh in day!!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! This was very very helpful! Now I know what to log everyday :)
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! This was very very helpful! Now I know what to log everyday :)
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
  • ckffgirl
    ckffgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been googling online and found a Wii game official site with sweat point conversions. http://www.wiifitnessandgaming.com/2011/07/just-dance-sweat-points.html
  • sshenry0417
    Options
    4.2 sweat points = 1 cal
  • naturallyrandom
    naturallyrandom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I was wondering! Couldn't get to the gym today so Just Dance will have to do! :smile:
  • rawmama232
    rawmama232 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I danced 11 songs in 40 minutes. Actually 45 but I am deducting 5 minutes of that for setting up the songs each time one ended.

From what I've read, each song burns roughly 20 calories.

11 songs x 20 = 220 calories burned.
    MFP "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" category for 40 minutes exercising = 228 calories burned.

I'm considering the 8 extra calories burned a bonus for getting off of the couch and doing something fun! :)
  • geml13
    geml13 Posts: 1
    Options
    You burn roughly 200 calories after playing for 30 minutes
    It's approx 23 calories per song, so that sounds right (: