Stressed/Nervous

Options
When I'm stressed/nervous about something I straight up can't eat. I don't know if it's a throw back to my ED or if it is just the way people tend to work.

I've had a bad couple days (netting 600 cals or less) and I'm just, annoyed. I'm happy I'm not binging, I've got a bag of chips in my cupboard from the weekend, which is not even tempting. I'm just, I don't know.

Anyone else get this way?

Replies

• ljmeep
    ljmeep Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I'm a stress eater... but my bff tends to not want to eat when she is stressed. I think most people tend to go one way or the other. I find working out really helps reduce my stress levels though...

hope you feel less stressed soon.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I only get that way if I'm terribly depressed or terribly happy, but anything in between (or stress) tend to lead me to binge eating.

There are many people who do experience lack of hunger due to stress, though, so I know that you're not alone in this. I suppose the best way to deal is to drink some healthy liquid calories (soymilk or smoothies or... something) and try to recognize the stress triggers and move on with life.
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I have found that workin out helps alot not only does it relieve alot of stress but it gets my body goin again. Make sure whatever u do u get those cals in. U dont want your body goin into stravation mode.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed I can't sleep and wake hours before I should. Before I would have got up and made drinks and snacks and ate them watching t.v.
    Since using this site I do resist the snacks and just have water or squash. There is always something to read on this site. I use the opportunity to catch up om MFPals in other time zones. I find I relax and their encouragement helps me focus. Have you tried listening to relaxation music or hynotherapy type CDs? I got free apps on my iPhone they were good e.g listening to rain in various settings :)
    I hope you find a way to relax and not stress so much it stops you eating.
    Take care :flowerforyou:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    yup.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Talked to my best friend. I can't eat, but I'll sleep and I won't go on my hard run tomorrow, I think I'll take a nice jog and work this crap out.