Abs and pecks

Options
What's the best exercises to do at home if you want to tone your abs and pecks and how many reps should I be doing?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    The best? One arm push ups and dragon flags.

If you just want better pecs and abs, push ups with various angles and ab work of any type will work on toning up the muscle.

If you're looking to lose fat for "definition", then CICO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    The best? One arm push ups and dragon flags.

If you just want better pecs and abs, push ups with various angles and ab work of any type will work on toning up the muscle.

If you're looking to lose fat for "definition", then CICO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Add a weighted vest to for extra resistance with your pushups. Don't focus so much on the reps focus more on the muscle you are trying to work. Try a 2-3 second hold at the top and bottom of the pushup. Another one that I have incorporated into my pushup routine is 30 second holds. At the top of your pushup unlock your elbows and hold for 30 seconds then drop to the bottom of your pushup and hold your body as close to the ground as possible without allowing any part of your body to touch the ground. This will work your core, chest, back shoulders and tri's all at once. After about 2 minutes you will be feeling it. Unfortunately with ABS you can have a strong as hell core and still not see a six pack because its all diet. No matter how many situps or crunches you do those abs wont show without a good diet. Best of luck!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sex, on top?

eta: as many reps as it takes for completion