Any Fellow Geek Girls Losing Weight or Maintaining? Lets Support Each Other!

Options
cbuckner5
cbuckner5 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hey ya'll. I'm looking to add some fellow geeks who are motivated to lose weight or stay healthy. Any fandom is fine. I personally love anime, video games, comics, sci-fi, fantasy, and tabletop role playing campaigns.

I'm a 28 year old gal who has 46 lbs left to go to reach my goal to fit into my old cosplay again. My current short term goals include losing 6 lbs by Dragon*Con (August 31st) and losing 11 lbs by Anime Weekend Atlanta (September 27th). Please add me so we can motivate each other!

SW = 195 lbs
CW = 180.8 lbs
GW = 135 lbs

I plan to start maintaining around 140 so I can focus more on strength training. Right now I'm getting used to just lifting 5 or 8 pound weights but I know I need to up the ante and would love to find out what so of workouts other do for strength training.

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Another geek here. :)
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love comics, superheroes, sci-fi, and fantasy. Not super-into any one thing or genre. If I had to pick superheroes are my jam--especially black ones! Geeking out over Black Panther movie coming out next year! My goal is to get back to my pre-baby weight of 145 (which I did once before on MFP) and then to lose another 10 to get down to my ideal 135.
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    (I have 45 lbs to lose)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Are you into Elfquest at all?
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Anime geek here! <3<3 currently boarding the Yuri on Ice train B)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    All around geek here! I love video games, board games, MST3k, Marvel/DC comics/superheroes, Game of Thrones, Joss Whedon anything, etc...the list goes on and on. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am going to PAX West at the beginning of September. Flying from Texas to Seattle to go. I am mainly a video game/board game girl :) I am trying really hard to lose 9 pounds before I leave to go August 28! :D Add me!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Geeky girl here! Love comic books, manga, anime, Kpop, and have 20 tattoos with 7 from Legend of Zelda, a Halloween Pikachu and Togepi, and a Batman Bat Signal on my finger.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Comic geek, Onceler, fan-fiction writer with 51 lbs to go to reach goal (73 lbs down from starting weight).

ETA: I'm going to Toronto Fan Expo at the end of the month. If anyone else is planning to, maybe we can meet up!
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Major geek here! My daughter's name is Harley Quinn (gave her the name before it was everywhere lol) and my son's middle name is Drake, as in Tim Drake. Huge DC family, also love Doctor Who, Supernatural, etc. :smile:
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love sci fi, comic movies, and trivia. I don't game though but still consider myself a bit of a geek :)
  • carlaegibson
    carlaegibson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! Need to fit into cos play too!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Sweet, another cosplayer! I have similar goals for similar reasons on top of overall health. Do you have a favorite game/anime?
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am a Geek!. not really Cosplay but Renaissance Faire vet of 25 years doing multiple faires, MTG player, Tabletop and board games, RPG Campaigns, I have larped but don't regularly, Also an avid video gamer, from old to new and simple to complex, though I am mainly OMP FPS focused. I'm about that G Life.... by G I mean Geek ;)

Currently Starting to GM a campaign of Changeling: The Lost for a few newbs.

I have Lots of weight to go, I did it last time without trying but this time, 10 years later, 2 kids later, and a more sedentary job, it is definitely going to be more of a focusing thing.

But yea... Add me...
  • MikeEsko
    MikeEsko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    harleyjax wrote: »
    Major geek here! My daughter's name is Harley Quinn (gave her the name before it was everywhere lol) and my son's middle name is Drake, as in Tim Drake. Huge DC family, also love Doctor Who, Supernatural, etc. :smile:

My Little Brothers name is Drake.
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Geeks unite! I'm pretty much geeky all over: video games, board games, anime, Harry Potter...
    I'm on a committee that puts together a steampunk event (shameless promo: @lockportballyhoo on fb and ig) at the end of each summer, so all of my cosplay for the last year or so has been steampunk. I am much better at putting together props and accessories rather than sewing actual costumes, though.

My goal is to lose about 50 more pounds.

And my next geek event is the Lockport Ballyhoo in September, and I'd like to be 10lbs lighter then, but we'll see how that works out (I'm already 20lbs lighter than I was at last year's event, so I'm getting there).
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have some geek-like qualities! I have cosplayed for over 10 years in the past at A-kons and AnimeFESTs in Dallas and then a couple of years at Anime Expo in LA (those old pictures serve as some nice inspiration). I love love love Sailor Moon and Ayumi Hamasaki; most of my cosplays are pretty much those two obsessions right there. I also costume it up at multiple Renaissance Faires around Texas for several years.

Also a GoT fan (Team Targaryean 4eva). I haven't been to a con in ages but have been itching to go!

Have a short-term goal to lose ~20 lbs. And after that, will try to cruise my way down another 20 :) but I'm in no hurry. That first ~20 is the main prize!
  • srpotts1212
    srpotts1212 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Felow geek here. Mostly Sci fi / fantasy but I am also a literature geek. Yes I read the classics for fun.
  • yasmine_ah
    yasmine_ah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me to the list of geeks lol. I love video games (play a lot of world of warcraft), Sci-fi, fantasy (Harry Potter is life), anime, kpop, Got, firefly, disney, superheroes and a host of other things.

I'm 26, from Seattle and a vegetarian.
    SW: 191
    CW: 177
    GW: 125-130...depending on how I look when I get there :)

Would love to be friends and support each other!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    In it! Anime, DC/Marvel, Whovian, WoW, Sci-fi, fantasy. LARPing is on my todo list!

Canada with about 75lb to lose.