A Question For the Ladies

Options
Katie3784
Katie3784 Posts: 543
I want to know, for those of you who shave from the waist down, how long it takes to get it done. It used to take me damn near an hour, but I've managed to cut back to 20 minutes. I have even heard some girls say it takes 'em 5 minutes for everything, and they do it in the shower. I wonder how you can really get everything while in the shower. Ahhh, the joys of womanhood.

Replies

• GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    no more than 10-15 minutes if i rush.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just braid my leg hair now. It goes by quicker and it's fashionable.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    20 minutes at most... But I still happen to miss spots. Ah!
  • Maryannbloomquist
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pm'ing

Sorry deleted original reply. Don't want some sleeze buckets trying to talk to me about it.
  • futbolkt21
    futbolkt21 Posts: 57
    Options

hahaha! GREAT idea ;-)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No more then 5 minutes in the shower. Loofah in one hand, razor in the other. Reach-behinds to rinse the razor. What could possibly take you guys so long??

Sorry, forgot to add that shaving cream is a completely unnecessary expense. One squeeze of shower gel or shampoo on a loofah works fine for an entire shaving session.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Legs take me about 2 min, when I shave "other" things that takes about 5. But mostly I wax down there so someone else does it LOL.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    about 5 minutes, shower, rarely miss any spots... what's so complicated about it?
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    3 minutes to get legs, do the shaving equivalent of a "Hollywood wax" and pits.

I just stand in the shower, start at my ankles and work my way up. A little squat and spreading aerobics for the Hollywood, but after 10+ years, I'm a pro :)

What saves me the most time is NO SHAVING CREAM or soap (for shaving only, of course I soap up in the shower!). I just do my shaving last after the hot water and steam soften everything up. I'm also blonde and the hair is very fine, so perhaps that's why it goes pretty fast.

Swimming competitive USS from age 8-15 made me an early pro-shaver and then I built up speed at Marine Corps boot-camp.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    No more then 5 minutes in the shower. Loofah in one hand, razor in the other. Reach-behinds to rinse the razor. What could possibly take you guys so long??

Sorry, forgot to add that shaving cream is a completely unnecessary expense. One squeeze of shower gel or shampoo on a loofah works fine for an entire shaving session.
    lmao!! but she is so accurate. same here!! however, i do keep a ahem "lower profile" in the summer months :wink:
  • Zyleah42
    Zyleah42 Posts: 5
    Options
    I do it in the shower and it takes about 5 minutes, every other day. I almost never miss any spots and I don't use shaving cream. But, I've also been told I got lucky when it comes to body hair.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    3 minutes to get legs, do the shaving equivalent of a "Hollywood wax" and pits.

I just stand in the shower, start at my ankles and work my way up. A little squat and spreading aerobics for the Hollywood, but after 10+ years, I'm a pro :)

What saves me the most time is NO SHAVING CREAM or soap (for shaving only, of course I soap up in the shower!). I just do my shaving last after the hot water and steam soften everything up. I'm also blonde and the hair is very fine, so perhaps that's why it goes pretty fast.

Swimming competitive USS from age 8-15 made me an early pro-shaver and then I built up speed at Marine Corps boot-camp.

bahahahaha!

yes, a little squat and spread IS an essential tool for all women!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Princess in the house! Need Shaving cream! can live without, but prefer...

Shower and clean up, turn off the water, and lather up...shaving complete in 5-10..save on hot water that way...plus you can take your time...
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    about 5 minutes, shower, rarely miss any spots... what's so complicated about it?
    I sit on the toilet so I can see everything. I feel like if I were in the shower, I'd have to bend down really far and then it would be hard to rinse the razor. I also shave in all four directions, so that adds to how long it takes. Then I have to get the back, too, which I definitely couldn't do(well) in the shower.
  • dragonfly1120
    dragonfly1120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @ Krystonite.....that's hilarious!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I sit on the toilet so I can see everything. I feel like if I were in the shower, I'd have to bend down really far and then it would be hard to rinse the razor. I also shave in all four directions, so that adds to how long it takes. Then I have to get the back, too, which I definitely couldn't do(well) in the shower.

You're pretty petite, reaching or bending anywhere shouldn't be an issue (I can flat-palm the floor with my wrists facing out.) All 4 directions on everything is a little OCD unless you have incredibly coarse body hair. I'd like to think I'm pretty standard, up on legs all over with some additional 45 degree angle strokes over the kneecaps and down strokes on the inner halves of my thighs, horizontal strokes in bikini-line, down-strokes for the Hollywood front and straight back then over again from the joy button back from midline-out as far back as necessary, pits up & down. *shrug* Feels pretty smooth and is everyday sustainable.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    It used to take a long time, way more than 20 minutes, I dont know why.....he definitely had an advantage gu Rtess he was just really thorough.
  • LovelySophiya
    Options

lol :) awesome
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

lol :) awesome

That's what I'm sayin!

And yes ladies, I popped in on your thread...but, you know the funny thing? The above was the safest mental image to comment on.

Go figure?