Longtime Lurker, First Time MFP Committer

rheavon
rheavon Posts: 3 Member
I've had my MFP account for several years. Normally I'd pop in on and off- maybe track a day's worth of food or use it to check restaurant nutrition to transfer over to my Weight Watchers account.

What makes this time different is I've logged in and tracked consistently now for seven days, so I thought it would be time for an introduction post.

I've been using MFP for accountability and as a requirement during a Weight Loss Challenge at my new Orangetheory studio. We're doing a six week challenge with a few different stipulations including working out in their studio 3x a week, tracking food on MFP, and weighing in (along with a few other things). There are over 250 people in our challenge and there's a cash prize of $2500 involved for the person who loses the most % of body weight.

Am I looking to win the cash prize? Not at all. Am I looking to rebuild some healthy habits- especially in regards to nutrition? Absolutely. I feel like MFP will definitely keep me on track and build upon the healthy habits I've strengthened in the gym. I would also like to decrease my body fat percentage by 5% by August 1st.

I currently teach & take Zumba in addition to taking Orangetheory & Water Aerobics and you'll find me working out consistently 3-5 hours a week. As I mentioned previously, I am a Weight Watchers member as well- but I've struggled with nutrition for a while now and I want to be better at it.

So, here I am. Hello! My name is Megan, I'm 30 y/o and living in Austin, TX. Outside of working out, my hobbies include antiquing, old time radio, retro/vintage style, cooking, travelling, and playing outlandish card games with friends.

Replies

• rheavon
    rheavon Posts: 3 Member
    And feel free to send over any friend requests. I need more people to cheer on daily.
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    Ring ring ring ring,
    Ring ring ring ring,
    BANANA PHONE!
  • CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome I wish you the best Megan all best deceasing your 5%
  • Muneca1De2Trapo3
    Muneca1De2Trapo3 Posts: 3 Member
    That sounds like an awesome challenge how do you find those? I too am trying to lose and live in the cedar park area right outside north austin
  • NewYorkSubway
    NewYorkSubway Posts: 9 Member
    You had me at "outlandish card games" :D