Hoping to find a friend(s) for accoutability

Courtney_Jessica
Courtney_Jessica Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
My name's Courtney. I'll be 27 in a little over a week. I'm from Austin, Tx. I've used MFP a few different times over the last several years. I usually do a great job for a few months then fall off the wagon. I have several health issues that make losing weight really hard. I have PCOS, insulin resistance, Hashimotos thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, and parahypothyroidism. I try not to let those stand in the way, but they slow my progress, which frustrates me. So I'm hoping I can find a friend/friends to help keep me accountable. I'm not doing any special diets, just making sure I have more calories going out than going in. I use a Fitbit Blaze to track my steps and exercise.

More about me personally: I work in Pharmaceutical Research. I love my boyfriend and my dog. I enjoy reading, music, learning, and occasionally sunbathing. I have wonderlust, love traveling, and hope I can travel more in the near future.

So if you feel like we could be friends and work together to lose weight/get healthy, let me know! :)

Replies

• WhitneyKing16
    WhitneyKing16 Posts: 4 Member
    I also have hypothyroidism and Hashis! I know exactly what you're going through. I've decided to finally lose weight and get healthy because I just had a little boy , he's now 3 months old , but he's my reasoning behind my motivation. I've lost 60 pounds so far and I have so much more to go. I'm 21 and I've been married for almost 2 years, currently I'm a stay at home mom but before I was in retail marketing . I'm highly motivated and I love working out and going on walks with my son and our dog. I think we could definitely be friends
  • wellsdavid20
    wellsdavid20 Posts: 783 Member
    Ok I'll help you keep acountable. I'll send you a friend request .
  • Courtney_Jessica
    Courtney_Jessica Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks, WhitneyKing16! It's nice to know others know the struggle! Thanks for the friend request! Feel free to message me anytime you need support!

Thanks for the help and friend request, wellsdavid20!
  • Muneca1De2Trapo3
    Muneca1De2Trapo3 Posts: 3 Member
    I have pcos and why ive started this journey. They say its affecting my ability to have children and having found the man of my dreams i wanna continue to our next step and have the mini him lol. Im from north austin/cedar park area.
  • Jenniferparker5
    Jenniferparker5 Posts: 6 Member
    I'll help you. I also have PCOS and everything else that goes with it. I'll friend request you :)
  • gymlife890
    gymlife890 Posts: 6 Member
    My name is Hope and I'm 28. Looking to lose 40lbs.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,576 Member
    Welcome back to MFP, Good Luck!!