Looking for a yummy shake

Options
Hey guys!

I have recently stepped up my exercise routine and found I need to incorporate a lot more protein and healthy fats. Do any of you have suggestions for good tasting shakes that are actually filling, not a crazy amount of calories, taste good, and will not break the bank?

Sounds like a tall order, I know! :) A dream shake, I guess. Let me know!

Replies

• Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    GNC Whey Protein, with 1/2 banana, plain greek yogurt, splenda, & ice
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Chocolate ISO protein, Soy Milk, and 4 Strawberries = PURE delish!!!
  • WinkieInOKC
    Options
    Strawberry (or peach, cantaloupe) Smoothie
    Into blender place:
    1 cup skim milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    2 T. sour cream
    1 scoop (about 3 Tablespoons) protein powder
    1 t. vanilla
    1 or 2 packets sweetener
    4 or 5 ice cubes

Blend the milk, strawberries, sour cream, protein powder vanilla and sweetener until well mixed. Add ice cubes and pulse until thich and creamy. This makes a large serving and can substitue for a meal or snack.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Peel and pre-freeze 2 medium bananas. Once frozen, thaw slightly, slice and blend with 1 C skim milk, 1/2 C egg whites, and 1 teaspoon Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (from can). This makes two servings, but I usually use as a recovery drink after I've burned 1000+ calories doing heavy yard work. So, I drink the entire two servings. Also great to make your own ice pops. Pure Heaven.
  • mobz907
    mobz907 Posts: 4
    Options
    Peel and pre-freeze 2 medium bananas. Once frozen, thaw slightly, slice and blend with 1 C skim milk, 1/2 C egg whites, and 1 teaspoon Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (from can). This makes two servings, but I usually use as a recovery drink after I've burned 1000+ calories doing heavy yard work. So, I drink the entire two servings. Also great to make your own ice pops. Pure Heaven.

This sounds like it could be a yummy dessert! Thanks for the ideas! :)