Back on track!

Options
MusicalMe
MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
So, this is a success story with a little bit of failure thrown in, a little different than normal success stories on here. But I'm excited so I wanted to share.

After hitting 95 pounds lost, I hit a plateau. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the scale to budge! After three months of this, I said screw it and started eating some foods I normally wouldn't eat. I didn't go crazy overboard, but I was definitely not watching what I was doing. Long story short, I ended up gaining 5.5 pounds back. When I saw that number on the scale, I gave myself a mental slap in the face and told myself to stop screwing around.

So, I am proud to say that I have lost 2.6 pounds since Sunday! I know it's probably a lot of water weight that I was holding on to, but still! I'm hoping to be back to where I was in another week or so and then on to tackle that stubborn last 20 pounds!

Replies

• xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    yaya congrats!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    First of all - congratulations on your weight loss!

Second of all, thank you for this post. I really needed to read this. I was doing really well, made it to 66 lbs, and the last two months I was just getting so tired and missed not thinking about what I was putting in my mouth or if I got a good workout in.

I gained 4 lbs in the meantime. I know that I need to get back on track, but every day has been like day one again. Reading your post gave me pause - and I needed that - Thank you
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good for you hang in there. You can do this, have doone so well thus far.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good for you hang in there. You can do this, have doone so well thus far.

*ooops-you have done so well thus far :)
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate!!!! I was 1 pound from my goal, and then I lost my motivation and started eating terribly. I have put on 4 pounds. Since I am close to my goal, it is hard to get those last few pounds off. But I am making a recommittment to it tonight. I even joined a group looking to lose 10 lbs. in August. Keep up the great work, and know that you are not alone.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!