Yunmai and other Chinese Smart scales, do they sync with MFP?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of Yunmai scales or other Chinese smart scales? They appear to be very reasonably priced bluetooth smart scales with body analysing functions.

I have not been able to find any definitive information about whether or not they sync with MyFitnessPal, I would be really interested to hear if anyone has tried.

Amazon reviews suggest this model does:

http://www.amazon.com/Yunmai-Bluetooth-Percentage-Recognizes-Compatible/product-reviews/B00YLUKZ96

71ZJc9EPg6L._SX522_.jpg

But it isn't mentioned on any of the sites selling them. I am also even less sure about the cheaper mini model:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weighing-Support-Android-Bluetooth4-0-Digital/dp/B018RUCK3Y/

51WCdFBcfAL.jpg

I've been getting on very well with my Mi Band and would love to find an affordable smart scale that was as good. I know Xiaomi make one, but it doesn't measure body fat.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I had trouble working out where was most appropriate.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm going to say no they won't sync with MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps?app_category=scales

The only scales listed as compatible are:
    • Fitbit Aria
    • UA Scale
    • iHealth wireless scales
    • Runtastic Libra Bluetooth Smartscale
    • Withings Wi-Fi Scale
    • Wahoo Balance Scale
  • jdsnead
    jdsnead Posts: 4 Member
    I love my yunmai scale, it was affordable and it works great, so what if it doesn't sync, how hard is it to put your weight in weekly, plus it measures lots of other things like muscle mass so if i don't lose a pound that week my muscle mass or other numbers improve - always something positive other than how much you weigh.
  • hangtenboy
    hangtenboy Posts: 1 Member
    Ok, probably not a solution for you but I have a Fitbit that Yunmai scale syncs to and then I have MyFitnessPal has permission to sync with Fitbit to get my weight so whenever I weigh myself it goes to MyFitnessPal via Fitbit. It's kind of a roundabout approach but if you have Fitbit that's one way to do it automatically. Maybe this will help someone
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2016
    If you have an Android phone, then you can download Google Fit to sync peripheries that don't sync directly with MFP.
    You just have to ensure the scale is Google Fit compatible and it should work as long as you have Google fit and MFP connected, with Google fit connected to the scale and other peripheries.

EDIT: I also have a Mi Band and this is how I get it to sync with MFP :) Try it out with yours and get used to it!
  • y6y6y6
    y6y6y6 Posts: 1 Member
    I have one of these scales. It does not snyc. It does sync to Google Fit. But MFP doesn't draw weight from Google Fit. It draws other data, just not weight.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would only worry about syncing weight so you have a record of your weigh-in history and have a mechanism to look for trends, etc.. The rest of the analytics are pretty much crap (for all body analysis scales, not just this one). Body fat % readings are hit or miss at best, BMI is a canned formula that you can calculate yourself if you were so inclined, and who cares about things like water retention. I stopped using my scale for the analytics after the novelty wore off and only use it for weight anymore.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    I have a yunmai (love it!) but no, it does not sync.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Only other problem is trusting that they will keep app updated properly. Otherwise you wasted alot of money if they stop support in a couple months. If the app stops working properly on any of the lower priced scales, you can't use the extra features besides weight. Which happens A LOT. And Yunmai has not great reviews on Play Store for the app. But really aside from Withings, Weight Warchers, Aria and one or two other expensive ones, it's probably not worth the risk. I'd suggest buying a standalone scale that doesn't connect to internet, but keeps muscle/fat/hydration mwasuements onboard.
  • prettypanda1313
    prettypanda1313 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have the color Yunmai scale and an iPhone. My weight automatically uploads to myfitnesspal app via the Apple Health app. You need to sync it through the settings of the Yunmai app.
  • hokemiller
    hokemiller Posts: 1 Member
    I can’t find the place on my Yunmai app where I can sync it with the apple health app. Help?