Need some motivation.

Options
hbittick
hbittick Posts: 2 Member
I am now down 25 pounds since March. Slow progress but happy to just be here. However, I haven't lost many inches and I don't see much progress in the my photos. Should I stop taking the photos as they discourage me? I know I have a lot to lose so maybe it takes time and even more pounds to see real results but just want an outsiders view.
Btw- I'm 5 foot even. Picture on left is 175 and pic today is 160.

lyghi6snbe4g.png

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    For progress that you can easily see on the go without a mirror: Look at your underarms. I am fairly sure they changed! But did you loose 25 lbs or 15? If your weight went from 175 to 160 that's 15?
  • hbittick
    hbittick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    For progress that you can easily see on the go without a mirror: Look at your underarms. I am fairly sure they changed! But did you loose 25 lbs or 15? If your weight went from 175 to 160 that's 15?

The left/before picture was taken when I was at 175 so the difference in pics is 15 pounds but I've lost a total of 25 since I started in March. Hopefully that makes more sense :)
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can see the change - your waist and hips, and your face.

I am similar, I have a lot to lose. I've lost 20lbs and don't feel like I look any different in the mirror.

Measure your body each week with a tape measure too though to add to the pictures. That really helps with feeling like you're shrinking. There's room on here to log it too. I felt the same as you last week, so I looked back over my measurements and was so surprised when I added back - So far I've lost 7cm off both my waist and hips! I don't think I look like it, but it's a fact. Silly eyes hey!

Keep at it, you're doing brilliant!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I see it in your hips and lower tummy for sure! You may want to take a side and back view too - the loss may be more apparent to you in one of these. I'm uncomfortable asking someone else to take the pics so use the timer on my phone and set everything up the same way. The monthly pics help keep me motivated.
  • MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    We see ourself every day, not noticing any differences quickly.

Seeing a difference in your pictures here. B)

bigstock-never-give-up-on-your-dreams-r-51872524.jpg
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5( round up to 2). I started at 175 and lost 26lbs. I've been taking pictures and I wish I took better pictures when I started. When I lost 10-15 pounds it didn't really show as much. But still I didn't stop taking the photos. Most of my weight is on my hips and that's been slow to come off but I'm still losing inches especially from my upper body. My before and after is significantly different now that I've lost 26 pounds. Have you taken any current photos now that you have lost 25lbs? If you haven't you should. Also as someone already suggested you should take front, side and back full body shots.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I see an improvement in your body shape, for sure! Keep going, and take those pictures. I didn't take any, and wish I had so I could see my progress. I see most of my change when I stand sideways to the mirror, my belly doesn't protrude more than my boobs anymore! PS: I think your bra fits better, the center section is flatter against your sternum. Good job!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Do not stop taking the photos. I see a big difference between the two photos. Can you just imagine what a difference it will be when you are down another 25? Don't give up. Rome wasn't built in a day. BTW I didn't take any photos and wish I had
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Keep taking those pics.
    Have a look at this thread by @mhbrz, if you haven't already. The 5 pics really illustrate how gradual change can be at the beginning, but how amazing it can be at the end.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10589956/5-month-progress-in-5-pictures#latest

You are doing great, don't be discouraged.

Cheers, h.
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I tell myself even if I don't think I look better yet, I definitely don't look any worse, time and patience = success :) Keep going and keep taking your pics , good luck :)
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Every month or so, you should try on some clothes that were tight or unwearable. You will see a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!