Meal Plan for Ectomorph trying to add muscle and lose fat

Options
yutokurosaka
yutokurosaka Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hey guys, I'm a 21 year old ectomorph male, currently 5'10 and 148 lbs. I've been working out for a year now and have been fighting severe depression and a eating disorder for over 2 years. I used to restrict my calories and would frequently have binge/purge episodes. I was constantly over working in order to offset these bad eating habits. At the end of last year (December 2016) I was severely underweight and weighed 125 lbs. I've spent this past year trying to better myself (both physically and mentally) and gain back healthy weight through working out and bulking by eating nuts, rice, and chicken w/veggies. I'm at a healthy weight now but lost my abs along the process. Do you guys have any suggestions on a type of meal plan I should follow to ensure that I gain muscle and lose fat while retaining mass ( getting shredded) ? I was thinking of a 50-30-20 (Carbs, Protein, Fat) diet but I find it really hard to match those macros in a 2,350 calorie diet. My ideal meal plan is 3 big/medium sized meals w/ 1 or 2 snacks. Nothing too extreme; I just want to live a healthy lifestyle/ Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Lou_trition
    Lou_trition Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I was you Id go for more fat and more protein and do a 40c 35p and 25f breakdown.
    Plan your meals in advance so you will find it easier to reach the macros. Always stick to calories and then prioritise protein and not worry too much about the split between carbs and fats.
    Your abs are made in the kitchen so they will come- get plenty of nutrients in and the help of a nutrition coach might help!