problems after weight lifting!!

Options
Okay I have a question for y'all..... Lately when I have done the weight lifting the muscles I have been using are swollen when I get home from the gym. They feel like they "jitter" for hours and stay swollen for a couple of days. Has anyone else had this problem? I do weight lifting every other day...... Was told to not to do it every day. Then do water aerobics or swim laps in between! Any ideas?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a question for y'all..... Lately when I have done the weight lifting the muscles I have been using are swollen when I get home from the gym. They feel like they "jitter" for hours and stay swollen for a couple of days. Has anyone else had this problem? I do weight lifting every other day...... Was told to not to do it every day. Then do water aerobics or swim laps in between! Any ideas?
    Do you have circulation issues?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I don't usually notice that mine swell, but a lot of times if I've really worked the muscles they almost feel like they're having little spasms...I supposed it could be compared to your jittering muscles. I especially noticed it when I first started running...my quads would do it. The more I got used to running the less it happens. I've recently started total body weight training and haven't noticed it yet, though. I wonder if maybe you should start using lighter weights and ease into the heavier ones?
  • incuboy
    incuboy Posts: 8
    Options
    The jitteryness sounds normal. The swollenness could be just pumped up muscles but shouldn't last more than a day. My advice see a doctor just to be sure.
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    no circulation problems Had a physical before I started on this journey!