Has anyone tried the Coconut Oil Powder by Quest?

Options
Ems500c
Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Recently when I was in GNC, I saw this product (new to me) and so of couse the first thing I do is read reviews on it, only a couple reviews I could find but they were all 5 stars, so yesterday I went back and got it, the bottle say's use it for baking, shakes, creamer and a few other things. What have you guy's tried it with and how did it taste? Thanks in advance for any feedback positive or negative on this product!

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Read this about coconut oil. It seems it's not a super health food as once thought http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/a42975/coconut-oil-benefits/ Feb 2017
    it may be a better alternative to shortening for vegans . It does not rev up metabolism, not anti-bacterial, does not burn belly fat, not heart healthy...etc. Use it for taste enjoyment.

Interesting snip: In fact, since diets high in saturated fat are also linked to risk of diabetes, those who overload on the stuff may be putting themselves even more at risk for chronic disease. While some studies have linked coconut oil use to decreasing diabetes risk by enhancing insulin sensitivity, most of these have only been conducted in animal models.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    After a year on coconut oil believing all the hype I ended up with high cholesterol, I'll pass
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reviews! It wasn't for weight loss, to burn belly fat or lower cholesterol, it was more for convient use in coffee (at work where I do not have the fridge to keep my creamer cold) or baking once in a while.