BCAAs

I use one scoop of BCAAs that is 4.5 g from purbolics and my protien powder is AMP from gnc which I'm sure has more BCAAs in it. I like the BCAAs just for the flavor in my water. Can I use one more scoop or am I getting too much? I am a vegetarian so it's not like I get an outrageous amount from my food.

Replies

• Zac1644
    Zac1644 Posts: 1,173 Member
    On days I work out I usually take two servings of my BCAAs one in the morning then one after my workout. On off days just one in the morning. I don't see any harm in taking it twice
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I don't know the answer to your question but have you thought about diluting the BCAAs down to flavor your water? I do 1/2 scoop in my 6 cup pitcher and normally fill it again with another 1/2 scoop of a different flavor. I just started drink 16 cups of water a day and having a couple flavored pitchers really has helped me put away the water and BCAAs.
  • kezzakim
    kezzakim Posts: 15 Member
    this is super helpful, i too like bcaa water so i think thats what im going to do instead of a pre workout shake now.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    As long as you're logging it, and it fits with your daily goals, then I don't see why it could possibly be a problem...

(I never managed to find any BCAAs I liked the taste of, and now I'm not doing crazy amounts of HIIT and high rep weights, I've given them up anyway. Don't miss them at all in terms of taste!)