Burn 900 calories on 94minutes eliptical

Options
Anyone had experience this? My feet feel sore later.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring that burn? From your stats, you're pretty small so it's doubtful that you're burning that much.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Highly unlikely that you have the aerobic fitness to burn that much.

Sore feet doesn't equal muscle building!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    My feet would be sore from 90 min of cardio too... doesn't mean I built any muscle, most likely the opposite since you are in a deficit. You *usually* build muscle by strength training and eating at least maintenance calories.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    emyjuita6 wrote: »
    My calorie intake is 1200 perday.
    So if i burn 900calories on the elliptical I can eat excess of 700-900 calories during the day.
    Also I read somewhere exercise until muscle sore is good which means I am building muscle.

Wait. So just so I'm reading this right. You're thinking that you can eat 1200 calories a day only if you burn 900 on the elliptical? (And frankly, I'm side-eyeing the idea of burning 10 calories a minute on an elliptical, but that's neither here nor there.)

Please tell me that's not what you meant.

If it is: Get thee to therapy.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That would wreck my knees. I do 30 min elliptical, 30 min weights. I don't burn that many cals, not even close, but I'm short and middle aged so it is what it is.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    marelthu wrote: »
    "I read somewhere..." three of the most frightening words in the English language.

Amazingly true.

At least OP got some good advice out of it. Let's see if it translates into future "I read somewhere..."
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Wait. So just so I'm reading this right. You're thinking that you can eat 1200 calories a day only if you burn 900 on the elliptical? (And frankly, I'm side-eyeing the idea of burning 10 calories a minute on an elliptical, but that's neither here nor there.)

Fwiw my experience of losing weight, hence eating in a deficit, was that it was psychologically easier to net 1600 of I was running off 300 and eating 1900 than it was just reading 1600. No real difference in CICO but it made adherence to the restriction much easier.

I agree that training off 900 is needlessly excessive though, particularly with no real objective, or training outcome, in mind.
  • collectingblues
    Options

Fwiw my experience of losing weight, hence eating in a deficit, was that it was psychologically easier to net 1600 of I was running off 300 and eating 1900 than it was just reading 1600. No real difference in CICO but it made adherence to the restriction much easier.

I agree that training off 900 is needlessly excessive though, particularly with no real objective, or training outcome, in mind.

Right. But she's claiming that she's eating 1200, and then exercising off 900 worth. That's very different from eating 1900 and burning 300 through exercise.

Her example is not healthy, and pretty dang disordered. Overexercise to that extreme is pretty classic eating disorder behavior.
  • collectingblues
    Options
    OK. I was hoping I was misinterpreting. When I read "intake" that doesn't tell me net; that reads to me as gross.

Hopefully you're right.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Right. But she's claiming that she's eating 1200, and then exercising off 900 worth. That's very different from eating 1900 and burning 300 through exercise.

Her example is not healthy, and pretty dang disordered. Overexercise to that extreme is pretty classic eating disorder behavior.

That's not how I read it
  • tigerblood6
    tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok let me explain this again.

My standard intake per day if I dont exercise is 1200calories per day (according to height & weight which is 59kg/155cm)

If I work out 90mins and burn 900calories, my in take per day will be 1200+900= 2100calories on the day. But it depends on me if I want to eat 1800cals,1900cals -- as long it is below 2100calories,

So the more I exercise, the more I can eat .
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds about accurate to me. Elliptical is a total body workout, thats why I love it so much!

Way to go!!!!