Surviving the process....

Options
MikeSUGA1
MikeSUGA1 Posts: 11 Member
Hey friends!! I am goal setting, results driven kinda guy. This means that at times, I get impatient and bored waiting on results. Let's be honest, sometimes it takes a while to see change, and that can be maddening!!! I know we have to fall in love with the process, and results will follow, but any tips on how to get through the "waiting period" and stay on track?

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a strategic plan, and break it down into a year's worth of tactics (pounds lost, % days at or under goal, strength goals, cardio goals, etc.) to accomplish the long-term strategy. Maybe give yourself a quarterly bonus/award for meeting each quarter's or month's objectives on the long term plan. Spreadsheet out your lifts or your mile times, whatever your workouts are, or maybe special nutritional goals, so you have a lot of data to show your progress. Adjust your expectations to paring off a pound or two each week, rather than losing some unreasonable amount immediately.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You are one day closer to your goal
  • MikeSUGA1
    MikeSUGA1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great thoughts on here friends!! Def. helps! Ty!!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I go by feeling. My first 2 months I didn't have a scale, and I went how I felt overall and it was amazing... 90 lb loss later...