Confused with my daily calories

Options
I am so confused of what calories to eat! 1200 is not working, just losing me 2 pounds, then stopped at the same weight! Do i increase it or decrease? (Female, 21 Age, 152 cm, 75kgs)

What online daily calories calculator do you use?

Replies

• ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    open ur diary it will be easier for people to help you
  • doony19
    doony19 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm confused by calories shown on here, as opposed to those shown on the exercise equipment I use. For instance, on the treadmill, it says like 70 cal, but myfitnesspal says 300. Which is it for real?
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising then you need to make sure your NET calories are at least 1200. Also, if I could see your diary, then I could possibly help more.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by calories shown on here, as opposed to those shown on the exercise equipment I use. For instance, on the treadmill, it says like 70 cal, but myfitnesspal says 300. Which is it for real?

Wow, that is a big difference, go by what the machine says, this is why HRMs are so preferred.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If the machine takes your age, weight, and/or gender into account, trust the machine. MFP doesn't account for intensity, which is voluntary with some exercises (i.e. MFP estimates that I would burn about 10 cals/minute on the elliptical, but I usually burn 11 or up to 14, so I enter extra time on MFP so that the calorie burn matches what the machine says).
  • jon_brady
    jon_brady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    try this formula to figure out your resting metabolic rate (rmr) (9.99 x weight in kilograms) + (6.25 x height in cetimeters) -(4.92 x age in years) + 5 or -161=rmr.
    At the end the formula is different depending on your gender if you are male add 5. if you are female subtract 161. Be sure to do the figure in the ( ) first if your rmr is higher than 1200 then up your caories for acouple of weeks and see how it goes, Be sure to eat your exercise calories too.
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    I opened my dairy :)