Ketogenic Confusion

Options
Hi Guys, I've followed the "Cavemanketo" recommendations for my Macros, etc. I'm curious though should I make some adjustments to the micronutrients? I tried Keto briefly in the past and seemed to have an ongoing problem reaching my potassium, sodium, etc. Any tips/recommendations would be great!

Replies

• GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ignore micro.. just focus on low carb high fat. Add pink salt for electrolytes. Take vitamins for potassium and magnesium if you don't get enough that day.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    You were probably getting all the potassium that need - most meats have a surprising amount of potassium but since the feds don't require it to be listed on the nutrition info, you won't see it on packaging. Go to the USDA web sight and look at the nutrition info listed there and you will see a complete breakdown for any food that you enter.

Also, be VERY careful when supplementing potassium - excess potassium can cause severe medical problems and death if it gets too high!
  • lorbor93
    lorbor93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    if you are eating at least half an avo a day, your potassium intake should be fine. it's the salt and magnesium i need to supplement. chicken broth and magnesium supplements are amazing.
    also if you can find dark chocolate w/ no sugar, that's a great source of magnesium as well as spinach.