• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    emyjuita6 wrote: »
    Yes it does fit into my calorie account. For example
    i) Seafood sensation 410cal ,
    ii) Subway cookie 2 piece 440cal
    iii) Iced lemon tea with zero sugar 0cal

I usually have Teriyaki Chicken which caused me 320calories with either Honey & Oats or Parmesan bread .

The problem is I am trying to eat natural for body digestion. I did a research when a guy tried on Subway diet for a week and it doesnt work on him with the argument that the meat used are processed meat.

Losing weight is calories in vs. calories out. I could lose weight on twinkies and kool-aid if the calories were less than my body burned in a day.

However, HEALTH is another matter. Losing weight in a healthy way helps you lose mostly fat. Losing weight in a healthy way helps you get vital nutrients. Losing weight in a healthy way helps you stay full and keeps you on course.

440 calories in cookies wouldn't be filling for me (protein, fiber & fat does that). 440 calories in cookies wouldn't help me keep more lean muscle, while losing fat (protein does that). Food choices matter.....but it has nothing to do with processed.

2 sandwiches or, 1 sandwich and 1 salad would be better nutrition than a lunch of cookies.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you'd only eat 2 Subway subs and nothing else? You could lose weight that way if you are in a calories deficit but if you stick to only subs and cookies your diet isn't going to be very balanced or contain many vegetable servings. Why not throw in a salad now and then?

They have salads too. They are basically the sub ingredients with no bread chopped up in a bowl, but still.
  • tigerblood6
    tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you'd only eat 2 Subway subs and nothing else? You could lose weight that way if you are in a calories deficit but if you stick to only subs and cookies your diet isn't going to be very balanced or contain many vegetable servings. Why not throw in a salad now and then?

No I meant eating Subway for lunch and dinner only . Ill usually have oats for breakfast. [While everything under calorie intake]
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I love Subway, having said that you may, or may not, want to watch the amount of sodium you're getting in those sandwiches. One of the subs I like to order has at least 2500 grams of sodium in it. So it's basically more than the total daily recommended amount of sodium in one sandwich. That's how they (and any pre-packaged meat/food by the way) fresh, it's chocked full of sodium. Having said that, I drink a ton of water and really don't mind going over on my sodium since I no longer have high blood pressure issues after losing weight. But.. it may not be healthy to hit 6k in sodium a day on a regular basis. Just sayin.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

No I meant eating Subway for lunch and dinner only . Ill usually have oats for breakfast. [While everything under calorie intake]

Are you doing this because you really like Subway? Why only Subway? Why not incorporate other foods into this plan?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I work at subway and eat it every single day. You can totally be healthy eating there! Every sandwich is what you make it. A choice can be really bad, or really good. I've seen sandwiches with double meat, extra cheese and a million sauces, and i've seen sandwiches with rotissere chicken, no cheese, and plenty of veggies with a little honey mustard. Some customers even have us hollow out the bread to save a few carbs + cals (it saves about 70). We also offer any sub as a salad, which can make nearly any sub low cal. The salads can be as big as you want, just keep asking for more of a certain veggie. Get dressing on the side, or just a drizzle on top.

I even fit subway cookies into my day sometimes. They are around 200 calories each. I most often eat a subway seafood sensation as a salad (240 calories) and a double chocolate chip cookie. (200 calories) for a lunch totalling 440 cals. Or, if i need to save calories, I get apple slices with my salad.

Subway employees are instructed to follow a strict formula for meats and cheeses, so those calories are very accurate. Veggies have a formula as well but customers are welcome to ask for more or less of anything, which can verrry slightly effect the calories overall. (not worth stressing over imo). Subway employees are also supposed to only put three 'passes' of sauce on a sandwich.

TL;DR?
    Subway is what you make it. The extensive menu as well as salads and sides make for the ability to have a varied diet with plenty of veggies (and even apples!) As long as you eat under your daily calorie expenditure you'll lose weight!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

But why would you do that?
    Everyday?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I really want to make a Jared joke but I think it's too soon

Too late. Look upthread about 7 or 8 posts. :D
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    If fast food is my only option, I choose subway and get a 12" veggie delite on whole grain flatbread, no cheese and light mustard. It's 550 cals.
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    @sijomial look, i live in Malaysia now. Its either all rices here or other food (which is expensive). I got tired of eating rices , so subway is the only cheapest , fastest and healthiest fast food i could ever found especially with their sub of the day
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    @TeacupsAndToning whats a Jared joke?
  • tigerblood6
    Options
    @TeacupsAndToning Yes I read about that too online . I guess succesful people do crazy things in life. Eg: Micheal Jackson & Donald Trump [just saying
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    This issue with Subway is that you can go from one end of the spectrum to the other. The bacon & chicken ranch melt vs the black forest ham. There's a 300 calorie difference in just the 6" subs between those two.
    So if you stick to the lower calorie ends, add pleanty of veggies (no just lettuce, but a variety) and watch the high calorie sauces, as long as it fits into your plan you should be fine.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You can definitely keep a deficit eating only subway if you make the right choices. However, I'd be concerned about a few things. First, its expensive to eat out twice a day, every day. Second, the bread, meats, and dressings at Subway can pack in a LOT of sodium, and regularly consuming too much could make you feel crappy. Third, I feel like eating sandwiches twice a day would get a bit boring. I know if I limited myself to that I'd be dropping off the bandwagon in less than a week!

When losing weight it's important to consider what you'll do after the weight to keep it gone. Yes, there are often easier ways to lose like limiting where/what you eat, but it's not very sustainable. If you don't establish food prep/eating habits that you can realistically stick with for life, it is very easy to regain the weight. I mean I guess you could keep going to Subway forever, but it's not going to do you any favors in the long run to limit yourself. When people go all or nothing, they often end up on the nothing side of things. I feel like your time and money would likely be better spent learning to prepare meals that fit in to your calorie goals. Otherwise what is your plan when you are done with weight loss?