Discouraged

blnorman29
blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
I started the 200 Sit ups program http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ three weeks ago now, on the lowest level. The first two weeks went by quickly and I really seemed to be improving, but on Day 3 of Week 2 I knew I wasn't ready to move on to Week 3, so this week I repeated the last day of Week 2 for the three nights I do the program. I don't feel like I've improved at all! I still can barely make it through to the last set. I'm feeling really discouraged because the program is only supposed to be six weeks and I've already added an extra week repeating the workout I'm struggling with. I'm not expecting instantaneous results because I'm not an idiot, but I don't feel like I'm making the progress I was earlier.

What should I do?? :(

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Sounds like you have hit a plateau, so you've three options in my book:
    1) Carry on as you are and hope/pray you improve
    2) Really push through the pain and do improve
    3) Try something else, a change is as good as a rest
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Don't know what this program is, but if all you're doing is situps, you will inevitably plateau. Try new core exercises that also incorporate upper and lower body exercises, and you'll see exponential improvement. Just as long as you're really challenging yourself during every workout.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    I'm doing the 100 pushup challenge from the same programme and I have spent the last 3 weeks repeating week 3! However rather than being discouraged I am happy to keep repeating as I can notice such a big difference in my arms. Just think of the difference it must be doing and it's better to be doing some of the programme than nothing at all :smile:
This discussion has been closed.