Motivation required

Options
Absolutely fed up.

I cannot lose thing. How can I be paying for a short holiday in which I stopped myself from eating all the fattening things my thin friends were eating, made healthy choices by putting on 3lbs?

Why won't it shift despite exercise everyday and generally being more active AND sticking to calorie count. Soooooooo unfair ;o((((

Replies

• sleepygiraffes
    sleepygiraffes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You're saying you're exercising every day and still gaining weight? The weight you're gaining could very well be your muscles becoming stronger. You have to gain muscle mass first so you can lose the fat that you want. Don't worry, keep your head up! You can do it, that's what we're all here for :)
  • waynelee10
    Options
    You are notv alone i seem to be in the same rut!! just try to work through it i am now more determined than ever to lose!!!
  • nickihkk
    nickihkk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    rather than rely on the scales to measure your progress use a tape measure. With all the exercise you're doing you are probably exchanging fat for muscle mass and changing shape rather than weight.

Keep up the good work and you will see a difference, remember the benefits of exercise are long term.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You say you went on holiday - where do you go? A lot of warm countries put a lot of salt into their food (you need it when you're there) but it could just be water retention as a result. Or it could be hidden fat/sugar from eating out - you can't control what restaurants put into their food all the time, and it has no impact on them if they add extras for flavour :-( If it makes you feel better, when I was slim and my metabolism better I went to Zanzibar - got food poisoning and gained 3lb! What I'd do if I went away now is just think about what I was eating, enjoy it without binging but swim daily. Don't beat yourself up, I bet you drop that 3lb in no time, I did.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing the healthy cycle and the results with be there. It take longer sometimes, but you don't have to give up and don't weight yourself often. I always weight every two weeks and the results are awesome. Have a great life and we are always here to motivate and support each others :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi Kirstiey
    Dont give up, its taking me AGES too... your body could be holding water in the muscles as its not used to exercise, you could be losing fat but gaining muscle... Have you done measurements? If you havent I strongly recomment measuring yourself every 6 weeks or so, I am sure you will see size differences rather than scale differences....?
    We should meet up soon?