Eating like a King/Queen and losing weight

Options
My GF and I love to cook... this makes dieting a bit more interesting in that we love to eat what we cook.

After 8 weeks of dieting we are finding some real winners on the recipe card. Below is one of my favorites.

Seared Tuna with Avocado Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 jalapeño chiles, seeded, de-ribbed, minced (if very hot, use only 1 chile)
4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, minced
Juice from 4 limes
1/3 cup soy sauce (use wheat-free soy sauce if you need to avoid gluten or wheat)
1/4 teaspoon sugar ( we use splenda)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 (6 ounce) blocks sashimi-quality tuna
Salt and pepper
2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
Method

1 In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, splenda, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.

2 Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the tuna pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the tuna for a minute on each side. Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.

3 Transfer the seared tuna to plates and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.

4. Optional: slice a small tomato to go with the avocado.

Enjoy!!

Replies

• OZZMUS
    Options
    My GF and I love to cook... this makes dieting a bit more interesting in that we love to eat what we cook.

After 8 weeks of dieting we are finding some real winners on the recipe card. Below is one of my favorites.

Seared Tuna with Avocado Recipe

Ingredients
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    2 jalapeño chiles, seeded, de-ribbed, minced (if very hot, use only 1 chile)
    4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    Juice from 4 limes
    1/3 cup soy sauce (use wheat-free soy sauce if you need to avoid gluten or wheat)
    1/4 teaspoon sugar ( we use splenda)
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    4 (6 ounce) blocks sashimi-quality tuna
    Salt and pepper
    2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
    Method

1 In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, splenda, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.

2 Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the tuna pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the tuna for a minute on each side. Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.

3 Transfer the seared tuna to plates and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.

4. Optional: slice a small tomato to go with the avocado.

Enjoy!!
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Do you have the nutritional stats on this? Sounds good.