Feeling frustrated

Options
Small bio, I am 5'1" and currently weigh 135.8 , oh yes I am 62 years young.
My husband and I babysit all our 5 grand children for the summer, Monday to Friday.
I am trying very hard to weigh 127lbs but the scale seems to be going up.
3 weeks ago I weighed 133.
I do try to track what I eat but with 5 kids all day it can be hard, and honestly I am very tired, having said that I am very mindful of what I eat. Yes I do indulge the sweets a little a few days a week.
I try to do cardio for 30 to 45 mins 4 days a week and do weights 2 x a week.
Most days I feel very frustrated and exhausted, this is not going to change till they all go back to school.
Please help me to get to my wish.
Thanks

Replies

• xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me, I'm 5 foot nothing. Sounds like focusing on getting more nutrition would help more than focusing on the scale. Maybe do some meal prepping for the week on a day the kids aren't with you. It's a struggle for us shorties, my weight loss is slow but my energy levels are way up since I've been focusing on hitting my daily nutrient recommendations. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Don't try to track, actually track. Prelog your meals before everything gets crazy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight seems healthy, but your approach does not.

Don't try hard. Do smart.

You can't just indulge like you are doing now. Nothing wrong with indulgence, but you need to account for it.

Maybe you could just focus on food and being with the grandkids, and let playing with them be exercise enough.

If you weigh yourself, do it often enough to pick up fluctuations, or rarely enough to avoid them. They can be impossible to understand completely, but you don't have to, you just have to not act irrationally on them. I recommend daily weigh-ins, but monthly is also good.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Being so petite your margins are tighter, a few sweet indulgences without accounting for them and any deficit you had is gone. If half heartedly tracking is getting you nowhere you're going to have to commit if you want to get the results you're after.
  • mthome2014
    mthome2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    are you weighing yourself daily - 133 to 135 could easily be a daily weight fluctuation (yesterday I was 151, today I'm 148.5 just because of water weight)