Filling but low on calories?

Options
I need something to hold me over until supper....

Replies

• JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im starving today for some reason
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, tuna, string cheese, a leafy green salad with a squirt of lemon or salsa rather than salad dressing.

I'm starving too today so I'm battling the same issue. The items above are what I'm trying to incorporate to get me through.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Filling your stomach with low calorie food isn't going to help you if you are starving. Are you eating enough? What's your height and weight, and your calorie goal? How closely have you been hitting your goal for the last couple of weeks? Are you exercising a lot?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Protein ice cream...12 ice cubes, scoop of protein powder(whey/casein blend), flavored sugar free syrup, 1/4 cup water, blend
  • Nazzle1993
    Nazzle1993 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find super sweet melon and strawberries are filling :)
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Watermelon. Zucchini noodles sautéed with a teeny bit of oil and some good seasoning. (Fiesta blend Mrs. Dash is my fav lately.)
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I usually cut up a really good apple and eat it slowly to make it last a while, works almost every time
  • rob0781
    rob0781 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually use spinach and put zesty Italian dressing on it, can eat a ridiculous amount of spinach and it's super low cal and the dressing tastes great and is 5 Cal per 15ml gotta get the fat free or light whatever it is haha .Also baby carrots I find work for me 85 grams is only 35 Cal and it's a fair amount. Or cucumber put half a cucumber on the scale the other day and entered it in and it worked out to like 50 Cal or less something like that checked on Google to make sure it was accurate and it was, I find cucumber very filling can't think of anymore at the moment but if I go through my food logs I will post more.
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Filling your stomach with low calorie food isn't going to help you if you are starving. Are you eating enough? What's your height and weight, and your calorie goal? How closely have you been hitting your goal for the last couple of weeks? Are you exercising a lot?

5"7 / 242lbs , been exercising every day since July 15th. I think I was just having a bad day. I have my calories set for 1300
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JnineGains wrote: »

5"7 / 242lbs , been exercising every day since July 15th. I think I was just having a bad day. I have my calories set for 1300

You should be eating back "some" of your exercise calories too. MFP gave you 1300 calories with zero exercise factored in. Log your workouts & start by eating back 50% of those calories too. Then after several weeks adjust that 50% up or down based on actual results. Exercise calories are estimates.....but you definitely earned something.