How successful has this app been for you?

Options
I'm new to this app in hopes to keep myself on track. I just had twin boys 8 weeks ago and am trying to lose the rest of my baby weight!

How successful has this app been to keep you on track?

Replies

• TopCop52903
    TopCop52903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've used the app alone the past and had zero success. But I find it useful in conjunction with my weight loss program for food logging and support.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Logging has kept me on track and MFP is an easy way to log once you get the hang of it.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It's a useful tool, but it's only as successful as you are. You have to put in the work to weigh all of your food, plan meals, stay in your calorie range, etc., then MFP can help you keep track of it.
    Congrats on the babies!
  • vickyt51813
    vickyt51813 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Definitely helped me a lot. I lost a little before using it and I'm total I've lost just about 100 lbs so far. Still planning on dropping another 45
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It is true that it's only as successful as the work you put in, that being said I used the app 5 years ago after my 5th baby was 6 months old, and dropped 30 pounds in 3 months!!! Now I just had my 6th baby in January and I'm back at it! So far so good, but eating less is killa!!!!
  • Ultio70
    Ultio70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was doing a terrible job of keeping track of what I was eating before this app and it even worse job of understanding what to eat. This app help me realize I was operating at nearly a thousand calorie deficit which could not continue. I've got my diet straightened out and my progress has been measurable. I feel the difference.
    it would not have happened without this app
  • asviles
    asviles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've tried several fad diets including nutrisystem. I lost weight fast and hard on those things but then crashed and gained it all back after burning myself out. I've used this app for about 60 days and have steadily lost weight just being honest and staying in my numbers and have never felt like I'm starving or hurting myself. I can confidently say that I can eat whatever I want as long as I am careful. 2 weeks ago I had a fun experiment where I skipped breakfast, worked out a lot throughout the day, had a tiny lunch, and then went to popeyes and ordered what amounted to 2100 calories for a single meal. Stuffed myself like crazy but the numbers added up and sure enough there was no impact on my weight loss whatsoever by the end of the next week. Hit my goals and beyond. My wife is using the app too and we keep eachother honest. As long as you report honestly, set realistic goals for yourself, and stay in the numbers it's pretty much impossible for it to not work. Cruising the forums I've found that just about every issue has been user error (folks not actually weighing their food is the big one.
  • vickyt51813
    vickyt51813 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel like my problem is I eat what I'm supposed to but I never get rid of that "omg I'm starving" feeling. How do you all make yourselves feel full??
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Protein makes you feel more full and drinking plenty of water. I have been on here for 2 months and I love this App. I have lost 20lbs. Eating healthy foods, no process food, less salt , no sugar. And exercise 6 days a week. Being faithful in logging in everything.
  • last1youlove
    last1youlove Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very and it's because the users on this app are amazing I thought I was doing this on my own and than I learned about the community and now I have all these strong people pulling me up
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it, vickyt? I think it takes a good 10 days or so to shrink your stomach, so that the smaller quantity is more satisfying.
  • healthytoahundred
    healthytoahundred Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using the app to track protein intake. (At the time I was eating like a vegan & not getting enough protein). It worked. I could input various scenarios & plan meals accordingly. In order to lose weight later, in conjunction with a plan I'd find online or in a nutrition book, I'd track calories as well as nutrients. When I felt "hungry all the time" if the plan said to add more protein & fat, I'd see how much to add without going over the calories. Or if I felt more tired than usual, & was told to add healthy carbs. I'd change the ratios (%of carb/protein/fat) or increase the calories to consume. The app also helped me keep track of how I felt relative to food I'd consumed. The app has been a critical tool that makes my eating habits transparent - it acts like a food journal. So I guess I'm saying it helped me to have a 'plan' to go by & then use the app to keep me informed & honest...without judging me. I connected it to my step counter & how many calories I burn off vs what I consume is eye-opening. I'd say I'm more educated about the nutritional value & calories in the foods I eat than I've ever been. I highly recommend it.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10 pounds on the stress-from-moving diet. Surprise, I didn't gain it back when the stress was over, so I upped my exercise and just generally tried to eat less. Lost another 20 -- wow! Stalled, so joined this app and logged my food with measuring cups and estimating; another 5 pounds gone. Stalled again, for quite awhile, so bought a food scale and tracked food accurately. Voila, last 15 pounds gone! In my experience it's pretty easy to lose the first 5% (for me, the initial 10 pounds). After that I have to be more intentional. MFP really helps me to be intentional. I've also learned a lot. For example, I had no idea that one serving of corn chips ("about 9 chips" according to the package) has more calories than two Oreo cookies. I used to deny myself the Oreos and eat the chips instead, thinking that if something was sweeter it had to have more calories.
  • mandajayneeg
    mandajayneeg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been using this app since monday this week and by friday I had lost 1.1kg.
    I exercise daily and keeo track of what im eating by using the app and at this rate I'll be at my goal weight in 16 weeks. (I want to lose 16kilos)
  • HopeForTheFuture17
    HopeForTheFuture17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This app has really helped me, I have been overweight ever since I started high school (i am 17 years old now) and I have had loads of failed attempts at dieting in the past but this app has helped me see what calories I can eat so I can know when to have something and when to not.It has also helped me realise that it is okay to have a biscuit or two when dieting as long as it does not make me go over my calorie limit for the day.This past week I have went from 5'9 and 16 stone 10lb to 16 stone 1lb and I still feel motivated to keep going ☺