Dam Louisiana heat!!!!

Options
I think I caught a small case of heat exhaustion. Had to call a ride 3/4 ways through my 4 mile walk-jog.
DAM LOUISIANA HEAT and HUMIDITY.

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! Houston here and it's a hot one today!!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Central Texas is trying too kill me as well. I am so over summer....
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Houston as well here. I have to go out early in the morning or after I get home at night. And I still take a bottle of water with me and down a Gatorade when I get home. This is the first summer I've been seeing through clothes consistently. :s
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Houston as well here. I have to go out early in the morning or after I get home at night. And I still take a bottle of water with me and down a Gatorade when I get home. This is the first summer I've been seeing through clothes consistently. :s

I look at the temp app. It says 91 and I think... not so bad! Until.... Heat Index = 105-109 :'(
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Houston too! Temp 96°.. feels like 105°. Gotta love that humidity!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Southern CA desert here. Only 110F degrees today with some humidity but not as bad as most of you guys. Considering that we had days between the middle of June and July with temperatures between 114F and 122F, today is not that bad. The weather men promised that next week we are going to have a cooling trend with a low of 102F and a high of 105F. B)

I haven't done any outside walking since May. Good thing that I have two fitness center in the community.
  • Rebnurse1977
    Rebnurse1977 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Shreveport Louisiana here. Can confirm, its been hot and humid!
  • derick337
    derick337 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @Rebnurse1977 I'm from Lafayette
  • theron12
    theron12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Baton Rouge, La here & yes it's killer heat!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma here and the high was 73 today!!! It's been in the high 90s so this is a wonderful break with the rain we are getting.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So thankful we moved from Houston to New Zealand, I do not miss those temps!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We've had a shockingly cool summer in central SC. No days in the 100s ... YET. But summer is more than half over. A month or so from now, like Punxsutawney Phil, we will poke our heads out of our air-conditioned burrows and again sleep with the windows open.

When I moved here, a local with a thick drawl told me, "For nine months of the year it's lovely and then we have three months of HELL." I guess that beats what a local told me when I moved to Montana, "It can snow any month of the year here."
  • SSpeakes
    SSpeakes Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    NW FL here. Nearly passed out halfway through my long bike ride this morning. Bring on the cooler temps!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    West Palm Beach, FL 93.5 degrees, humidity 65%, heat index 113 degrees. . .but no hurricanes, so there's that.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    zjpq wrote: »

It's why I'm excited to be going up to Colorado for two weeks in October. It's going to be nice to run in sleeves and dark colors and not be dying from the heat.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Arizona here, haven't been outside yet
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    zjpq wrote: »

It's why I'm excited to be going up to Colorado for two weeks in October. It's going to be nice to run in sleeves and dark colors and not be dying from the heat.

Kudos to you if you can run and exercise at such a high altitude. It takes me more than two weeks to get use to it; and when I do, it's time to came back home.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    theron12 wrote: »
    Baton Rouge, La here & yes it's killer heat!

BR here too!!! I feel ya!!! It's really hot! Houston is really hot too; it's like average 105 there these days this time of year.