Plant Based Diet

Options
turner691
turner691 Posts: 1 Member
Any other vegans out there struggling with weight loss? My trainer thinks I should be eating more protein via fake meat.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a vegan maintaining weight loss (40+ pounds). Is there a reason why your trainer wants you to get the protein from faux meat as opposed to beans, tofu, or tempeh? I'm not opposed to faux meat (I eat a fair amount myself), but I'm wondering about his/her reasons for this specific recommendation.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty lax lately eating whatever I like, but i was struggling to get more than 10% of my calories from protein generally when logging consistently earlier this year without using shakes or fake meats etc. I prefer to use tofu. Pre-vegan I used to do a lot of weight training and was used to getting a lot of my calories from protein and used high protein to control my hunger so I'm a newbie to how much a normal person needs!! So have to look it up. Do you eat beans and all the other good plant sources of protein?
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I say whatever I like I still mean vegan I just meant junk and too much! So not losing because i haven't put the effort in.