Vacation Victory

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
I originally joined this site in May with hopes of losing some weight before I go on a road trip to Washington & Lake Tahoe where I'll be doing lots of hiking, dancing, walking (and seeing 5 Phish shows over ten days with a 3 day music festival thrown in as well!). Today was my final weigh in before I leave next week for some good old fashioned road trippin. I have lost 36 lbs since joining and am just past the half way mark to my final goal. I'm down to a weight that's less than my college freshman weight and am feeling pretty good!

Replies

• cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Have fun!:flowerforyou:
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job! Have fun on your road trip!
  • heatheramara
    Options
    AWESOME. 'nuff said.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I originally joined this site in May with hopes of losing some weight before I go on a road trip to Washington & Lake Tahoe where I'll be doing lots of hiking, dancing, walking (and seeing 5 Phish shows over ten days with a 3 day music festival thrown in as well!). Today was my final weigh in before I leave next week for some good old fashioned road trippin. I have lost 36 lbs since joining and am just past the half way mark to my final goal. I'm down to a weight that's less than my college freshman weight and am feeling pretty good!

Rage, you should feel DARN pleased with yourself, you work so hard and a loss of 36 lbs since May speaks for it's self!! how cool that we are both 49er fans and have both aspired to hit our weight when we were college freshmen!

have a great time in Wa and Tahoe, buddy, sounds like a very very awesome trip indeed!

Stay Frosty :-)

Dee
  • kingskunk45
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I can attest to the fact that dropping weight is gonna make the shows sooo much more enjoyable. I did all 3 nights of AC last October while I was at my heaviest ( 358lb) . After the first night , my legs were so sore and stiff that I considered taking a cab the 4 blocks back to my hotel. I found myself having to sit down numerous times during the subsequent nights ( except 10/30 , cause I was on the rail that night- my first time on the rail and I got all that Zeppelin .... I was a happy boy) but that night probably killed my legs more than anything because I had to stand the entire time The New years run in NYC really made me realize how heavy I'd gotten. Walk , walk, walk was all I did in NYC that weekend and I found myself needing to sit down every 2 or 3 songs to rest my legs.
    Fast forward to this summer. I sold jäger in the lot at the shows so I was walking the lots like a madman trying to sell my shots. I had zero problems with my legs , my feet didn't hurt, I wasn't sore or stiff at all when it came time to dance all night and I didn't wake up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.
    I'm sure you'll find that dropping 36 lb is gonna make a big difference in your enjoyment of the show and as I reward I'm gonna predict that your gonna get a few of the elusive songs that you've been chasing. Have a blast on the west coast run, be safe , and most of all EFFIN' RAGE IT!!!!!!!!!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I can attest to the fact that dropping weight is gonna make the shows sooo much more enjoyable. I did all 3 nights of AC last October while I was at my heaviest ( 358lb) . After the first night , my legs were so sore and stiff that I considered taking a cab the 4 blocks back to my hotel. I found myself having to sit down numerous times during the subsequent nights ( except 10/30 , cause I was on the rail that night- my first time on the rail and I got all that Zeppelin .... I was a happy boy) but that night probably killed my legs more than anything because I had to stand the entire time The New years run in NYC really made me realize how heavy I'd gotten. Walk , walk, walk was all I did in NYC that weekend and I found myself needing to sit down every 2 or 3 songs to rest my legs.
    Fast forward to this summer. I sold jäger in the lot at the shows so I was walking the lots like a madman trying to sell my shots. I had zero problems with my legs , my feet didn't hurt, I wasn't sore or stiff at all when it came time to dance all night and I didn't wake up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.
    I'm sure you'll find that dropping 36 lb is gonna make a big difference in your enjoyment of the show and as I reward I'm gonna predict that your gonna get a few of the elusive songs that you've been chasing. Have a blast on the west coast run, be safe , and most of all EFFIN' RAGE IT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man, you summed it up perfectly. The shows were much more enjoyable having lost some weight. My knees didn't feel like they might give out and I had plenty of energy for all the raging that had to be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!