Prep meal

Options
tigz4
tigz4 Posts: 21 Member
How and what do you prep for the week ahead, i have 1 question that bugs me can you prep eggs and hiw long can you keep it in the fridge for?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just cut, portion, freeze and thaw in advance, and cook fresh every day (except once a week which is planned leftovers).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You can hard boil eggs for the week. You can also make mini frittatas in a muffin pan that keep well in the fridge. You can eat them reheated or cold.

I usually cook several chicken pieces, shred or cube it, and refrigerate. I'll also make a pot of rice or some other grain, stir in a little olive oil so it doesn't dry ilout, and stick that in the fridge. Then I'll clean and prep fruits and veggies so I can just grab them. I find wanting to keep them from going bad motivates me to eat them :)
  • tigz4
    Options
    To you keep the boiled eggs in the shell?
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    tigz4 wrote: »
    To you keep the boiled eggs in the shell?

Definitely. Otherwise they would dry out, I think.
  • tigz4
    Options
    Thank you
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am usually going to make a casserole of some kind (I try to make a different kind every week) that is roughly 6 portions that I will eat for lunch. I usually make a oven omelette and I switch up the meats used that I will eat for breakfast with some fruit. I also make a raw Kale Salad (eat it at various times throughout the day it really is here to fill in any unforeseen gaps in hunger) and 4-5 protein shakes (that I drink after I workout) for the week. I am able to stick to my meal plan by eating the same thing during the week, although I know a lot of people require variety.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I spend all day Sundays meal prepping for the week. Been really doing this for 6 month, I have it down to a science.

1. I make a weekly menu
    2. That's my shopping list
    3. Using scales: (I have one very old behemoth of a food scale I inherited from my great grandma) and a small digital one.
    4. Weigh out the entire weekly amount of a particular food (chicken, beef, fish)
    5. Divide it up into meal size portions
    6. When making casserole type dishes. I weigh the dish, note it down. Make the casserole with premeasured ingredients (amount of protien, carbs). Then weigh the whole thing when I'm done and divide that up into individual portions

I have about 100 pieces of meal prep boxes. Some are single casserole dishes, some are two section, some are three section. I use labels to mark what's in each one ( 6p = 6oz protien, 1cc = 1 serving complex carbs, 1v = 1 serving vegetables). About half my meals don't have vegetables as I love salads and they are quick to make for the day. I have mostly black containers, my purple ones are my low carb containers (just a lean meat and vegetable serving).

This is an all day process, benefit: I know that each container is properly portioned, fits my calorie and macro requirements, and ready to go. The downside: all those containers that I have to clean, and on Sundays I'm busy, all day long!!!