HELP!!! 2 day binge

Options
well since starting mfp i havent bined at all...gone over on the odd occasion by a 100 or so but thats it
BUT last 2 days i have binged and eaten non stop for 2 days
Not sure why or what triggered it but i need to snap out of it., I feel gross and sluggish and angry with myself

So im up early saturday morning makimhg a healthy breakfast then hopefully ill feel like burning some cals with some exercise (saturday is usualy my best cal burning day)

wish me luck...this CANNOT go on for day 3 :-(

Replies

• imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    I think that it's important to give yourself "cheat days". Without them, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain a healthy diet and exercise plan. I go crazy on my "day off" and then work hard the rest of the week. I'm sure you're doing great.
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! You can do it!! :D
  • change_happens
    Options
    well since starting mfp i havent bined at all...gone over on the odd occasion by a 100 or so but thats it
    BUT last 2 days i have binged and eaten non stop for 2 days
    Not sure why or what triggered it but i need to snap out of it., I feel gross and sluggish and angry with myself

So im up early saturday morning makimhg a healthy breakfast then hopefully ill feel like burning some cals with some exercise (saturday is usualy my best cal burning day)

wish me luck...this CANNOT go on for day 3 :-(
    don't beat yourself up about it. Just do something different today and a free day is good for us all. I like my free days, I have limited them to actually one day out of the week, whereas before... a whole weekend, usually starting on Friday :) I just basically worked it away and would get back on track.

I do believe, as one of the other posters stated, that if you don't give yourself that day to enjoy what you love, sticking to any diet plan is going to be torturous.

I am sure you are doing fine. Your cooking your healthy breakfast is a start in the right direction in getting back on track and postponing your next free day :)
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    it may be your bodies way of telling you you need something. are you eating balanced meals? getting vitamins and minerals.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it. I don't allow myself "cheat days" and sometimes wish I did. I try to exercise and eat right everyday ( stay with in my dailey calorie intake). Sometimes I can't and beat myself up for it but I need to start maintaining my weight and not lose anymore. Thats scary to me. Maybe I should eat something I want every once in a while now. LOL
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    hanks everyone
    Think ive been eating quite well and i dont deprive myself of anything
    I have a history of binge eating but luckily i manage it much much better than i used to...anythng can trigger it like bordem at work or something
    It could have gone on for weeks....the good thing is..i seriously cannot tell you the last time i had a 2 day binge..must be ages ago....so i will TRY not beat myself up and just track as normal from today

thanks everyone
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    It won't kill you. After I went into maintenance, I went on a 2-month binge. I wish I were exaggerating. I'm still recovering, but all my clothes fit and I have kept working out, so at least something is going for me. Anyway, just pick yourself up, dust off and move on.
  • losingtheselbs
    losingtheselbs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm having a 'cheat day' today because I'll be at a movie marathon with some friends, basically no healthy food in sight. Although I do feel a little guilty for it, I've eaten as healthy as I can today leading up to tonight, and am also doing my workout even though I've worked all day. Which usually I'm too exhausted as my job is quite demanding. I'm also going to work really hard for the rest of the week.

Basically what I'm getting at is, it's okay to not worry about what you eat sometimes. You just need to make sure that you get right back on track to balance it out.
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    well i picked myself up and cleared my head (and a few calories) with an 11mile bike ride
    woo hoo...time to get the kettlebell out for 30 mins
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You are aware and you care so you'll get yourself back on track.
    I just back from vacation. OMG I think I gained 5 lbs back.