Anyone here with large weight loss goals who are not post bariatric surgery?

Options
2»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    georgebah wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm currently at 210 lbs but want to get to 130. I'm new here and I've lost 5lbs so far in the last two weeks by calorie counting and using the app to log. Long way to go but I feel better for it already by the food choices I find myself making now.

You're at what was my starting weight three years ago.

I'm currently at 120, trying to get down to 110.

Slow and steady progress and determination will get you there.
  • billygunn31
    billygunn31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 489 and wants to get down to 200.
  • sln84
    sln84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 210 and want to be at 130. Did WW for a bit, decided to try the CICO approach - started fresh last week! Friends welcome!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @lost4words_ox
    Happy scale (apple)
  • janetvanegas
    janetvanegas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lost 123lbs in almost 14 months and have about 15-20 more to lose. As others have said, I am simply using CICO, tracking my food (food scale when I prep at home), and slowly increasing my activity. I started trying to get around 8,000 steps a day and now my goal is 12,000.

How do I do CICO?
  • janetvanegas
    janetvanegas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Angied725 wrote: »
    pkweier wrote: »
    I have lost 168 pounds since Jan 2016 with CICO and walking anywhere from 12000-16000 steps a day. I have reached my goal weight then I moved my goal another 5 to 10 pounds to lose. I am 59 and 5'5 started at 330 now 162.

Wow! That's incredible! Congratulations on your success. What does CICO mean?

It means calories in, calories out.
    Meaning that as long as you eat less calories than your body utilises on a daily basis you will lose weight.

How do I do that?
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Angied725 wrote: »
    pkweier wrote: »
    I have lost 168 pounds since Jan 2016 with CICO and walking anywhere from 12000-16000 steps a day. I have reached my goal weight then I moved my goal another 5 to 10 pounds to lose. I am 59 and 5'5 started at 330 now 162.

Wow! That's incredible! Congratulations on your success. What does CICO mean?

It means calories in, calories out.
    Meaning that as long as you eat less calories than your body utilises on a daily basis you will lose weight.

How do I do that?

You keep track of the food your eating by weighing what you eat on a digital scale and logging the calories on your food diary. Use the data base on MFP or the USDA website
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    As of today's weigh-in, I've lost 77.4 lbs out of a 124-lb goal. I'm kosher and vegetarian—I've been the first all my life and the second over 25 years. In other words, I gained weight as a vegetarian and I'm losing it as a vegetarian. I eat mostly healthy, including a number of processed foods and some regular indulgences.
  • pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have lost 110 lbs over the last five years. Yeah I know not the crazy loss in short period of time, but I have kept it off. What works best is slowly start with one good decision and take baby steps. Started adding vegetables to my diet first in 2012 and no having ice cream at night, then joined a gym.... etc etc. you get the point!

I'll post my chart here from myscale bc it shows that it's not easy maintaining, but it's so worth it!
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    ldceam6tlfuj.png
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    If you need a fitness buddy plz add me
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    3jat6f18uda4.png
    CI/CO. Food scale for accuracy. Mic drop.

What app is that?

Happy Scale.... changed my weight-loss mind, I now log every day in the app and fluctuations no longer freak me out.

Happy Scale is Apple, but there is a similar app for Android called Libra... it gets good reviews on here also.
  • Angied725
    Angied725 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. All of you have amazing insight and are truly inspiring. I am using the calories in/ calories out approach. But, I'm also trying to hit close to my target in macros.....granted, macros isn't as important....calories in and out is my priority....but I wonder sometimes if the amount calculated by the app is correct....also, is it better to stay at your target that mfp creates for your goal and not deviate with workouts or eat more calories because you're burning more?....I also think a lot of my personal area of concern is the fact that I work 12 and 1/2 hour off tours and rotate my schedule (flip from awake at night to awake during the day) on my off days....this creates a multitude of trouble for anything from 24 hour caloric intake, to sleep deprivation, to low intake on my first night off to high intake on my first day of work....it really is a mess....