The scale is NOT an accurate measure of your progress

Options
The left photo was before my 30 day workout and clean eating program. The right photo is after.
I gained 2.4 pounds according to the scale. But I lost so much fat and gained muscle!

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • albin9072
    albin9072 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello,actually what's your goal here gain or lose weight...you can achieve any goal here with the help of exercise and nutrition ..
    I hope you will best here.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    The scale is way down on the list of tools for me. Thinking about getting rid of it!! Great work :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look great!

While I agree that one shouldn't measure success by the scale alone.. the scale is a very useful tool to know if you are losing, maintaining or gaining in order to reach certain goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    TBF though, I'd be quite happy with a stomach like that!
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The scale is just another metric to measure by.
    When you are at a not overweight, its not the best tool to judge by, but it is a tool to provide data.

You look great, and should be happy with your progress no matter what the scale says.
    Start taking other measurements. Such as bicep, thigh etc. I find it best to have someone take a picture of the measurement for me. That way I know I am doing it the same tightness/location/flex every time.