How to say NO to all that bad food

Options
There's so many foods out there that we would just love to stuff our faces in. Cheesecake, ice cream, giant chocolate bars, the candy isle at the grocery store, all different kinds of cookies, donuts, cakes, pizza. And when ur trying to lose weight, seeing other people eat that stuff and you not being able to, makes it really hard to say no. This is my problem. Not being able to say no. And I'm sure others struggle with it to. And its not a hard problem to solve. You just need to know that NO. Should be ur number one word when it comes to foods like that. Especially if your a really serious weight loser like me. Drink lots of water, eat healthy snacks, workout. You'll get there. And remember your not the only one trying. I am, and thousands of other. Good luck!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Have tasty healthy lower calorie food always available.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I only say no if I can't fit it into my calories. But I end up eating a portion of ice cream most nights.
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water every day now and I haven't stopped ever since, i feel so much better all the time, I don't get headaches and migraines like I used to, I feel full almost all day and I eat about 1900 calories of clean food a day and honestly when I see those delicious looking foods on ads and in restaurants it doesn't even tempt me anymore.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Non-stop restriction like that can lead to bingeing and unsustainable dieting/healthy lifestyle. I'd rather have them in moderation within my calories!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sitting eating a mixed grill washed down with a glass of wine wondering what I shouldn't be eating?

• Anniepi66
    Anniepi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eating what I want to eat within reason and eating within my calorie allowance makes me happy and makes me lose weight. Not losing it fast, which is what I've always done, and then gained it back quicker than I lost it. So eating in moderation - sometimes a bit too much, sometimes less than is probably good for me. But it works. Something I've never done - this diet and that diet and this and that program only served to make me 100 pounds overweight! No more.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Say no to demonizing food. Forbidden fruit taste the best. I would also say no to trying (just do it), struggling (find sustainable strategies instead), envy, and deprivation.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options

*And I can't lie. I'm really looking forward to being 25lb lighter than when they last saw me, now too small for my bridesmaid dress while shoveling cake and martinis into my mouth and laughing maniacally while the other bridesmaids ask me how the heck I did it. Moahahaha! Nom nom nom cake!

Now THAT is an awesome NSV if I ever saw one. Well done!