My birthday today

Options
Today is my birthday, and it's going to be really hard not to splurge. My husband is taking me to Cheesecake Factory, because I do that every year for my birthday. Believe it or not, I actually go for this AMAZING salad on the appetizer menu. It's a full plate of veggies for less than 300 calories. However, I do plan to get a cheesecake, but I'm going to split it with my husband. Just like I split the birthday cupcakes this morning. I know I shouldn't be eating the sweets, but it's my birthday. I'm just trying my best not to eat too much (by splitting with hubby) and to still eat good foods in addition to the junk. Like this morning, I had a banana, skim milk, and half a cupcake.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and throw me as many good vibes as you can spare today.

Thanks!

Replies

• KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    Cheesecake is not, in and of itself, evil. Too much cheesecake too often is.

Happy birthday! Enjoy :)
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I have a friend who is a dietician. She says that a cheat day every once in a while will actually help your weight loss. Just don't over do it.
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!

I didn't even log on my birthday. Surprisingly, I didn't eat THAT much crap, but it's your birthday, you're allowed to indulge!!

Enjoy and have a great day!!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it and whatever happens happens and tomorrow drink lot more water and exercise harder and do what your doing sounds fine by making healthy choices and splitting the treats with your husband so just have a good day, keep doing what your doing and you will be fine!
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Everything in moderation - splitting dessert is a great idea - you can still enjoy but half the calories. That's what my husband and I do now. Enjoy your day and have a bite of cheesecake for me! (We don't have a cheesecake factory here).
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!:flowerforyou: Enjoy your day and celebrate it! :flowerforyou:
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    It's your birthday, enjoy it! and happy birthday!
  • happydayzz
    happydayzz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    And good job with eating healthy even on your birthday! but enjoy yourself! splurge a little, but not too much xD
  • Gettingbettereveryday
    Gettingbettereveryday Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hope you're having a fabulous birthday. It's one day out of the whole year, I reckon it's OK to let yourself enjoy it - you can bet back on the wagon tomorrow, it's just a case of making sure you do, and you're clearly taking a sensible approach in your choices so far today.
    Have a wonderful day :)
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Have fun!
  • carlashenell
    carlashenell Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sending good vibes and healthy decision making your way. Enjoy your day.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Happy birthday! I ate there about a week ago and had the weight management salad, it was so good. Then i had 4 bites of the crazy carrot cake cheesecake, my daughter & husband had the rest. Willpower, you can do it!
  • lazywriter
    lazywriter Posts: 90
    Options
    I had IHOP and went to a buffet the day of my birthday (last week) and lost almost 0.5lbs since then, I think. (I don't do weekly weigh ins anymore really). Just enjoy and happy birthday. Life starts again tomorrow.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're pretty in control- I wouldn't worry.... and ENJOY! Happy Birthday! :-D
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Go have fun! One day in the grand scheme of things in a year is nothing. It's not license to change your habits forever more. But enjoy something you normally wouldn't.
    As stated... It is actually good to do occasionally.
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!

Seriously - if you can't treat yourself on your birthday, when can you? You know it'll be a one off, you deserve it, and the guilt from it tomorrow will make you work harder this coming week!!

Don't beat yourself up too much, and just enjoy your day x
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

But really have to say Cheesecake Factory is really evil for us trying to lose weight -we need to break that food/reward cycle. Go for a walk or do something active with your family and have a great day!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! It's a day of celebration, forget the diet for one day and ENJOY yourself, and treat yourself to something delicious!
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy a little splurge. Think about it, are you never going to eat sweets again? -- Not very realistic. Enjoy your day ... and get right back on track tomorrow. You are doing a good job with balancing the food. Have fun!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday.